Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: orange
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
all I gotta say is, WAY TO GO JOE!
Sponsors
  #12    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 02:11 AM
VIP Member
Recent Photo: Ouch!
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
You did a great job. One thing you could have done is strengthen the photo by rotating the image so that the wings are on a diagnal.... just an idea though still well caught. I did an edit of my own...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Edited_P1040343.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	521.2 KB
ID:	28795  
Manfrotto 190CXPro4
  #13    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBSmiles
You did a great job. One thing you could have done is strengthen the photo by rotating the image so that the wings are on a diagnal.... just an idea though still well caught. I did an edit of my own...
Thanks everyone for the comments so far.

VB ----- That's cool, you got more of the iridescence of his color back into the photo and you got rid of the shadow.

For the shadow did you use the clone tool? I have only tried that once or twice. I am still trying to learn the color tools.
  #14    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Whichever version, it's a cracking shot!

Well done.

The detail is superb!

As said, the only problem is the shadow - easily cured with a bit of cloning love in PS!

You'll never go back to shooting JPEG now!

Now go and buy some more memory cards!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #15    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof42
Whichever version, it's a cracking shot!

Well done.

The detail is superb!

As said, the only problem is the shadow - easily cured with a bit of cloning love in PS!

You'll never go back to shooting JPEG now!

Now go and buy some more memory cards!

Andy
Been looking at them because I have 2 1gb cards and on my highest JPEG quality I could get 250-300 but with the RAW, I get roughly between 48-60 because my camera will only shoot them at 8MP. MY biggest problem is my camera is limited to a max of a 2gb card but I have found those for around $65 and so if anyone knows of a better price than let me know.
  #16    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Light Seeker
Recent Photo: Purple Macro 3
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Well done Joe! I'm soon giving RAW a try myself.

Andy what size cards are best for shooting RAW? I have a 1GB.

#17    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Premiere Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobet
Well done Joe! I'm soon giving RAW a try myself.

Thanks

That depends on your camera. I would say as big as you can get. Mine is limited to 2gb, at least that's what it says in the manual.

RAW creates a large file. I think mine is somewhere around 16-20 mb a shot roughly plus mine creates a preview JPEG that's around 2 mb. I filled up a 1gb card the day I shot this photo wiith only 50 shots.
  #18    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobet
Chuckle - all depends on how many you can fit on a card!

I am shooting at 8.0mp and can fit around 120 RAW files on a 1Gb card if that helps?

It's all a matter of how many shots you can take in a day really and how long before you can get back to the computer to download them!

Like the man said though, watch out, some cameras have limits on whether they support the bigger cards - they will usually say somewhere in the manual that they support FAT file format cards or something like that . . . if they don't support it then they just won't see the extra space.

There is a school of thought for having multiple, smaller cards - in that way if a card is corrupted or lost ( ) then you don't lose everything!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #19    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Premiere Member
lmao! double replies!

I hasten to add that I don't use the "double" file facility for shooting in RAW and JPEG since it does eat space at an incredible rate!

Andy

Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #20    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Premiere Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof42
Chuckle - all depends on how many you can fit on a card!

I am shooting at 8.0mp and can fit around 120 RAW files on a 1Gb card if that helps?

It's all a matter of how many shots you can take in a day really and how long before you can get back to the computer to download them!

Like the man said though, watch out, some cameras have limits on whether they support the bigger cards - they will usually say somewhere in the manual that they support FAT file format cards or something like that . . . if they don't support it then they just won't see the extra space.

There is a school of thought for having multiple, smaller cards - in that way if a card is corrupted or lost ( ) then you don't lose everything!

Andy
How do you fit that many? When my camera starts on an empty card it only lists 56 shots at 8 MP and like I said the other day I was told the card was full at 48 shots of RAW with a JPEG preview.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things