Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#21    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I would say that it's because you are shooting at JPEG and RAW - is there an option to limit to just RAW?

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #22    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Light Seeker
Recent Photo: Purple Macro 3
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks guys! This is very helpful information.

#23    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof42
I would say that it's because you are shooting at JPEG and RAW - is there an option to limit to just RAW?

Andy
Not that I have found but I am still looking.

Edit: Just looked and it doesn't seem to be able to be turned off. It does this feature if I shoot in RAW or TIFF.
Sponsors
  #24    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I have to add my .02 in here....Joe that is a great shot man...This is why I wish you would post more...I know you have a ton of cracking shots that you are holding for randsom aren't you!!!!!!!

Here are my thoughts on the memory issue. I shoot all in RAW and I don't have any cards bigger than 2 gb...the reason for this is that I don't want all my eggs in one basket. I could drop one in my drink, damage it somehow, it could just blow up with my luck LOL If I'm shooting a wedding it's on 4 different cards. Maybe that's just being paranoid but just my thoughts. I would rather lose a 2 gb card than a 8 gb card.

Where to get them??? On a thread here and I really hope I am giving credit to the right person Ohenry or Dan...(geeee puddle of dumb without my coffee) anyway try www.newegg.com they seem to have some good prices...I've been checking them out and I'm gonna give em a try the next time I need memory.

That's all for my ramblings this morning...ohhhh and Good morning everyone!!!

Sandy

"Every Photo A Keepsake"
  #25    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Morning Sandy!

Good thoughts - like I said, if the worst happens then you are not losing everything!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #26    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshines4u2
I have to add my .02 in here....Joe that is a great shot man...This is why I wish you would post more...I know you have a ton of cracking shots that you are holding for randsom aren't you!!!!!!!
Well, honestly the problem is my computer. I have an older computer that really died about a year ago and a friend rebuilt it with what he had and he did it for free. It is a 1.5ghz processor and like 576 MB of ram. However, the graphics (I am assuming) card is not quite right because about 50% of the time when I go to save my changes in PS my entire system crashes and after it reboots I get a message saying that it was an unknown driver error. It does it less often with movie playback in Media Player but it does happen. So I am thinking that getting a new video card might work but I haven't done it yet. So if my ramblings aren't clear, the reason I don't post more is because I am lazy and I get frustrated with my computer.

I do have a few (dozen) more shots I want to share and I am working on them. There are so many talented people on here that I get caught up looking at their stuff that I forget about mine. I did post another Dragonfly shot in the Animals Forum. He landed on my boot.
  #27    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Light Seeker
I have another question about RAW. We are planning a trip to Vermont and Maine the fall of 2007. We will not be taking a laptop as we want to get away from the computer during that time. If one shoots in RAW can the cards be taken to the nearest drugstore to be downloaded to CD?

#28    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Premiere Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobet
I have another question about RAW. We are planning a trip to Vermont and Maine the fall of 2007. We will not be taking a laptop as we want to get away from the computer during that time. If one shoots in RAW can the cards be taken to the nearest drugstore to be downloaded to CD?
I would assume that you could do that and I have heard comments both good and bad on the whole tranfer to Cd at a store thing. I have heard some people be happy with and others say that they have lost photos and quality by doing it. I have never tried it. I just plan to take either a lot of cards or have a laptop before my next big trip.
  #29    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Premiere Member
I would suggest buying a photobank and working that way.

In this country a 40gb basic photobank (without a posh screen or anything like that) comes in at about 100 (About $190 at today's rates).

This would give plenty of scope for dumping onto the hard disk of the photobank and then downloading from that when you get back to the computer at the end of the trip.

Just a thought?

Andy

Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #30    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Light Seeker
Thanks again guys! I've never even heard of a photobank Andy. Didn't know there was such a critter. Willl look into that right away.

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things