Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#41    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof42
lmao!

I could always completely ruin you and say look for the Epson P2000 - same sort of idea but with a nice whizzy screen to view your pictures on!

More expensive mind - but way pretty!

Here's a link!

Andy
Nope Tiger Direct had ones like that between $280 - $380 I believe. I can look at them on the camera and I don't trust anything until I see it on my computer screen.
  #42    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBSmiles
Personally, I use a 1 g card. From what I've learned, it's not just about size but also speed. A 200 g card wouldn't be much good if it takes a half a day to record the photograph Somewhere on your camera there should be an option for RAW only. It's all I use. which gives me about 120 photos as well.
If you study my edit a little more you will also notice the sand is more natural in color and you can see more detail within it for the same reason.I wont explain how I accomplished this unless you request it... its almost a tutorial on it's own.... but as for the shadow, yes, that was done using the clone tool. Which I'll admit was done pretty quikly. Only a keen eye would notice that the clone source is very close. Rocks being random, it'll probably never be noticed unless someone told them.
I have 2 1gb cards by Toshiba that at the time were supposed to be high speed at 20mb/per sec. (something like that).

I looked in my manual and it says that it automatically create the JPEG if I use RAW or TIFF quality. Nothing mentioned about turning that off. I might contact Panasonic and see what they say.

If you don't mind sharing how you did it either here, a PM or even an email, that would be great. It seems so diifcult to find out and keep up with everything PS can do but one day I will hopefully be good at it.

And I did notice the rocks. I even showed it to my wife. I was just taken bakc by the color you got back in the shot because it was as deep as the dragonfly itself was to the naked eye.
  #43    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Light Seeker
Recent Photo: Purple Macro 3
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
VBS you did a great job on Joe's dragon. I would love to know what you did or if there is a tutorial someplace you could just send a link.

So you are getting 120 images on a 1GB card. Do you mind if I ask what brand of card, or does that matter?

#44    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 12:55 PM
VIP Member
Recent Photo: Ouch!
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Thanks Joe and Jobet, Give me a few and I'll share it here for everyone. Tim already has a tutorial of mine that hasn't been put up yet, in reference to B/W, So I dont know if he would also include this one in the tutorial section with it... maybe someone can bug him if they like it
I will say that some of the methods I use are partially inheritied from multiple ideas and tutorials that are readily available. In some ways it may be concidered intermediate or even advanced photoshop skills, although I rarely use filters other than perhaps gaussion blur unless I'm attempting to be overly creative.Much of what I've learned however, is just by playing around.
When teaching I attempt to explain what is going on in each step so that others don't have to 'remember' exactly how it is done, but why it was done and/or used. In doing this, it forces me to learn a little more myself and also because of the understanding that many have a tough time with layers. So if it is as lengthy as this long winded explaination, don't bite my head off! Also don't let its length scare you away from learning. It is actually alot easier than it's appearence.
Hmmm, While I'm thinking about it, perhaps it should be posted in the software section when it's ready, rather than eating Joe's thread up and where more people that are interested will find it. Mind if I use your photo for my tutorial Joe?
Manfrotto 190CXPro4
Sponsors
  #45    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Premiere Member
Not at all. Please feel free to use it. I am all about the learning. And feel free to post a link to the new thread in this thread as well so people who are subscribed to this thread already will be able to make sure they find it.
  #46    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 03:56 PM
VIP Member
Recent Photo: Ouch!
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
For those interested, I just completed the tutorial and it can be found here http://www.photographycorner.com/for...ad.php?t=40300
Manfrotto 190CXPro4
  #47    Top
Old August 8th, 2006, 05:01 PM
aka jorakot
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
With this shot I don't see how you took advantage of RAW and its abilities, unless you messed up the wb and fixed it so we didn't know but i dont think you did.