Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 14th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Into the Forest

These shots I took today on a walk with my girlfriend and two dogs back into the forest behind her house (nice property, and big). Hope you like, and please leave comments and tips .
Thanks.

peace
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Forest2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	836.5 KB
ID:	29563  Click image for larger version

Name:	Forest.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	760.9 KB
ID:	29564  
  #2    Top
Old August 15th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Silent Waters
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I like them except that the sun hot spot is too attracting, it might have been a good idea to have something in the way of the sun in the shot?
  #3    Top
Old August 15th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Easily Confused
Recent Photo: Stone Wall
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I like the perspective, and agree about the hot spot... if you position a big branch in front of the sun, it helps diffuse the spot...

Kenneth Tynan
  #4    Top
Old August 15th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Creative shot, and I like the comoposition a lot. I agree about the sunspots suggestions though, it would make these photos even better. Nicely done!
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old August 15th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks all
But wouldnt puting a branch in front of the sun spot create almost a silohouette of the forest and make everything too dark to see?
Maybe Im wrong lol.
Thanks again

peace
  #6    Top
Old August 15th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Addicted Member
Recent Photo: Dream Home
My advice is if in the future you could bring the pictures down to a size that fits in the screen, it's hard to get a good look at the pic when you have to scroll around to see it and I don't want to download it on to my computer in order to look at the whole thing cause that is just a little more time then Im willing to put into it. I find that if you size it down in photoshop, leave constrained proportions on and size the width to 10 inches and the resolution to 72dpi then that usually fits any screen nicely. Also when you post the pics at full size, your giving everyone on the net full access to size it to 300dpi, print it at good quality and use it to their advantage...think about it. I work in the Graphic Design industry and you'd be suprised at some of the things that go on in order to save a buck or please the client,

Just a little advice....for future reference.

#7    Top
Old August 15th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Premiere Member
Thanks for the advice figrin
But I dont understand why you have to scroll. Your browser should resize the picture for you to fit in the window, thats what happens with all the other pictures that I view on this site. Im not sure that most people resize to fit in the browser window, but I could be wrong.
And it would be good to resize to stop stealin of pictures, but doesnt the camera give good enough resolution that you could just resize it if it was small in photoshop and not lose quality, almost like blowing up a picture for a print store, could be wrong also lol.
Thanks.

peace
  #8    Top
Old August 15th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Addicted Member
Recent Photo: Dream Home
No prob Click,

To answer your question, you cant blow up a pic that has a low resolution like 72dpi without losing quality. 72dpi is the standard screen resolution, meaning that its the lowest you can go without looking bad on screen. When you print 72dpi it doesn't look that good and you cant use it in say a magazine or brochure because they require 300dpi. DPI stands for Dots Per Inch which is how many dots of ink hit the paper per square inch.

Now about the Browser resizing the image....Im on a Mac, the browser is Safari and I know that it doesn't resize anything, I don't know if PC's resize it.....maybe?

Hope this has cleared up some issues for you....if not it's always good to learn something new.

Gosto muito de ver os teus retratos e espero de ver mais no futuro.

#9    Top
Old August 15th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Cool shots Click. I agree with the hot spots. It is just a matter of taking a step to the right or left and blocking a bit of the sun out. Sometimes you can catch it right, and create a really cool starburst with the rays.
Nicely done .
Visit me here..Room57
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places