Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment > SLRs (Film & Digital)

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 1st, 2006, 05:52 AM
Recent Photo: Tulitp fun
Camera brand

I have a Kodak camera, but i sure when i decide to update my digicam, i wouldn't go for the same brand. I think my next camera will be from Sony. Their products have high ratings and i love their design. And what are you preferences?
Frankly speaking, i always thought that people tend to go for cameras of the same band and was suprised to know that the majority prefers another band. I found very interesting poll results conducted by J.D. Power and Associates. They show that only 26% of consumers would buy another camera of the same brand.
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old September 1st, 2006, 07:36 AM
Junior VIP Member
I have a couple of Nikon 35mm cameras and am looking to upgrade to a digital. I think I will go for the same brand as I wont have to buy a bunch of new lenses as well. Also, I love the design of the Nikons and find them really easy to use. So I'd rather have something familiar than something thats going to take me a while to get used to.

Hope this helps.
  #3    Top
Old September 1st, 2006, 08:09 AM
Well, on the lower range of cameras, like point and shoot, it's fairly simple to change brands. Even if I wanted to switch away from Nikon, it would cost me a bundle to get different lenses. At this point, I have right around $1,000 worth of glass with Nikon mounts, plus my flash is Nikon specific as well.
-Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 EX DG HSM
-Promaster 7500DX Speedlight
-Manfrotto 3021PRO tripod legs, 804RC2 head
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment > SLRs (Film & Digital)