Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#21    Top
Old September 8th, 2006, 05:34 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by fa1sal View Post
Cool stuff. Also noticed the little separation bar on top of a couple of forums to keep away the stickies.

Liking everything so far, but I think something is wrong with some of the links. You know when you get a response to a thread you're subscribed to? Then you click on a link (in the email) to unsubscribe? some of these aren't working for some reason. They actually link me back to my email inbox!

Edit: I get linked back to the same exact email - not my inbox. Is this happening to anybody else?
Yeah, the stickies are a little more noticable now.

As for the links not working, I'm not sure I follow... can you explain further (with screen shots?)
  #22    Top
Old September 8th, 2006, 05:34 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof42 View Post
Just spotted the "Library" button as well . .
Good eye.
  #23    Top
Old September 8th, 2006, 05:35 PM
The Corner Creator
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Sand View Post
Tim,
Something crossed my mind a couple days ago that I thought would be neat. Is there a way to have drop down options for the tabs at the top of the page "Home" / "Forums" / "Resources" /, etc.? For example, click on a tab for premier members and then be able to directly select "projects", "PS exercises", etc.? OR does not seem like a good idea? too much trouble? Your thoughts. Anybody's thoughts.
Hmmm... I'm not sure that's particularly easy to do... I'll keep my eyes open for something like that... it might further clutter up the top, though...
  #24    Top
Old September 9th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Silent Waters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L. Walker View Post
Hmmm... I'm not sure that's particularly easy to do... I'll keep my eyes open for something like that... it might further clutter up the top, though...
Tim, on your part I am sure it is doable although I don't know how it is built it sounds like it could be done. But it could clutter up.
  #25    Top
Old September 9th, 2006, 09:30 AM
LIV-N 4 GR8 FOTO OPS
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik B View Post
Tim, on your part I am sure it is doable although I don't know how it is built it sounds like it could be done. But it could clutter up.
For some reason, I wasn't thinking that a dropdown would clutter the top as you would only see it when hovering over that tab. Once the sub item is selected, you're left with just the main tab again. Now, keep in mind, that while I'm not totally "computer challenged", I don't know a lot about the technical aspect of this proposal. Just thought it would be easier, and save some time (in order to see more stuff at the Corner! ) if we could go to a dropdown item versus scrolling down the whole page. Anyway, it was just a thought!

Thanks for your thoughts Tim and Erik.
  #26    Top
Old September 9th, 2006, 12:12 PM
VIP Member
Recent Photo: Ouch!
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L. Walker View Post
Yeah, the stickies are a little more noticable now.

As for the links not working, I'm not sure I follow... can you explain further (with screen shots?)
Think I just came across it myself. It was working fine when it was first put up , but now the "Last Post" links are not working in the User CP. I havent looked in other areas yet.
Edit: Just learned its confined to the CP Links only.
Manfrotto 190CXPro4

Last edited by VBSmiles; September 9th, 2006 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Cause I wanted too :P
  #27    Top
Old September 9th, 2006, 04:18 PM
The Corner Creator
I just tried it from the CP and it works for me...?
  #28    Top
Old September 9th, 2006, 04:33 PM
VIP Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Well, just now tryed it again, and after your suggestions via e-mail. still not working, although the link in the status bar appears ok.
http://www.photographycorner.com/for...stpost&t=43088

Appears the link isn't working inside the thread either.... weird
actual link :<!-----http://www.photographycorner.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=43088-----//>
Manfrotto 190CXPro4

Last edited by VBSmiles; September 9th, 2006 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Link doesnt work here either
Sponsors
  #29    Top
Old September 9th, 2006, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
all the others end with something like ?p=341765#post341765
Perhaps it has something to do with browser differences?
Manfrotto 190CXPro4
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner