Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > People

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old October 10th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Junior VIP Member
A Perfect Portrait

After critiquing hundreds of images on the net, and picking up hundreds of great ideas I have finally decided to take all of those ideas and make the perfect portrait. The lighting technique I picked up from some guy who said my images sucked, and left his URL so I could check out his images. The background has as good a bokeh as a Canon lens will allow. A Nikon guy told me Canon lenses will not give anyone good bokeh. The pose I have seen thousands of times, and the background will be sure and please her parents. So, here is an image that incorporates virtually every great idea I have seen in modern portrait photography. I'll bet this one would score a 100 at national!

Benji
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Goodshot.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	34823  
  #2    Top
Old October 10th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Silent Waters
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Your point is very well clear with this one A point that had to be made!
  #3    Top
Old October 10th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Old Fogey
Recent Photo: Stormy Pasture
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Ah...come on Benji...this is an actual portrait done by you that was turned down by the client!

I see you included the dreaded borderline juxtaposition!

Fun image....have a great day!

H.W.Rife

Just some old "Nikon" stuff!

There are no stupid questions....only stupid assumptions.

He who dies with the most "Toys"...wins!
  #4    Top
Old October 10th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Junior VIP Member
Yes HW, it is hard to imagine isn't it. When I got done with the above image I asked May to swap places with me so we could take another shot a mere 15 feet from this one. So now I was standing in front of the dumpster, and she was standing where I was. I still used the sunshine as my main light like I did in the first image, but in this one I used it after it was bounced off of that big white concrete wall. Her mother liked this a lot more than the other!

Benji
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MayIvy.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	34826  
  #5    Top
Old October 10th, 2006, 12:03 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Hehe... pretty funny, Benji. The moral of the story is to take all feedback/critiques with a grain of salt... remember your source!

Also, I moved this from the feedback corner to the Photo Sharing Corner... I'm sure you know why.
  #6    Top
Old October 10th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Image_04502
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
i dunno, the first one looks pretty good to me!
Sponsors
  #7    Top
Old October 10th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Toby1
What an intriguing use of shadow! It clearly addresses the dichotomy of modern life, and the schizophrenic juxtraposition of daily life against the ideal of photographed beauty. And I love the social commentary of the slanted dumpster. It's just the thing to start a new, hard-edged "digital noir" school of thought.

The second photo ... not so much.
  #8    Top
Old October 10th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Premiere Member
The first one is cool, but I really like Part Deux.
  #9    Top
Old October 13th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
I would photoshop the first one. Maybe add some red eye. Also don't forget to change the comp to include your shadow in the picture. I thought you could use the critique.

The second is very pretty.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > People