Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old October 11th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Mosquito!

It's a mosquito, attempting to suck my blood, but succeeding only in poking my pants. Anyway, I just thought it'd be neat to take a picture of one of these horrible insects.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mosquito_by_crimsonpenguin.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	34929  
  #2    Top
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Easily Confused
Recent Photo: Stone Wall
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
they are horrible insects... good shot

Kenneth Tynan
  #3    Top
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Junior VIP Member
Thats kewl

What did u use to take this pict?..I mean it looks almost "super macro"..I'd like to to panoramics at this scale
  #4    Top
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyeska41 View Post
they are horrible insects... good shot
Indeed. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAIN View Post
What did u use to take this pict?..I mean it looks almost "super macro"..I'd like to to panoramics at this scale
A MF Vivitar 100mm f2.8 (which goes to 1:1 macro) on my Pentax *ist DS. Macro panoramics... That's an interesting idea. What would the subjust be, though?
  #5    Top
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Junior VIP Member
Lol

I used to be an airbrush artist,I made this one painting of ants marching up an ant hill..The ant hill was mountain sized in appearance..Like I was on top looking down at the ants marching up to the top.Be really kewl to do that in macro.But it would require almost perfect circumstances.But i would be happy to do almost anything in the insect world.One idea i always think of is,imagine if a dragonfly was the size of a 747 and you were looking up at it..or a butterfly with sunlight backlighting his wings,
  #6    Top
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Hmmm... If you had the right tripod, and found a good anthill, it should be possible. You'd need to make sure there were no ants halfway in the picture (or just take a couple shots in each position), but other than that I don't think there'd be a problem with the moving subjects; it just might appear as though there were more ants than there really were. Unfortunately, I don't have a tripod nearly good enough, and there aren't anthills nearly big enough around here.. but it's a neat idea!

Any chance I could see that picture? Sounds pretty nifty.
  #7    Top
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Junior VIP Member
Nope,lol

Was for a client maybe 10 years ago.I think I might have took a pict of it.Was a huge painting on wall in an apartment.Was pre digital....Will post if I come across it..
  #8    Top
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Premiere Member
Cool picture.
  #9    Top
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Hah, oh well. I won't help my breath then. Tell me if you do find it though (and are so inclined).
  #10    Top
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Junior VIP Member
Hah,lol

Hah,LOL..I will look..But the idea is there,Like this shot but from below..lol..if that makes any sense

Just imagine it being 747 size and you were below looking up
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things