Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old October 17th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Photo Traveler
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thx Andy,

Each one takes about 15 minutes or so.

The tutorial can be found HERE

Check out my Galleries at:

http://dehmphoto.smugmug.com
  #12    Top
Old October 17th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREAPER View Post
Each one takes about 15 minutes or so.
Okay - that'll be at least an hour for me then!!!

Thanks so much for the link - appreciate that and will have to find a suitable image to play with!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #13    Top
Old October 17th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Extremely wonderful

These are really great, and for the vote my favourite is the monkey swinging in the tree
  #14    Top
Old October 18th, 2006, 01:11 AM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I agree with Andy... you can't show us these AWESOME images and not show us the tutorial!!! Very cool...
  #15    Top
Old October 18th, 2006, 03:58 AM
The Southern Yankee
Recent Photo: Sweet Magnolia
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Way too cool, and could be just the thing I'm looking for to do some notecards (if I can figure out the tutorial)! I love them. Thanks for sharing those and thanks for sharing the tutorial.
Nikon 50mm f/1.8
Nikon 12-24 f.4.0 G ED DX
Nikon 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 ED VR

www.judybruner.com
  #16    Top
Old October 18th, 2006, 07:33 AM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Well I had a go at it... it took me much longer than 15 minutes and I'm not too proud of the result... it's ok. The hard part is erasing the stuff right next to the dolphin... does anyone have any tips for that? Feel free to tell me what to do better next time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	82706 (51).JPG
Views:	55
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	35526  
  #17    Top
Old October 18th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Elite Member
This is neat........is it photoshop?
  #18    Top
Old October 18th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by allie1922 View Post
This is neat........is it photoshop?
Here's the original link from Greaper!

The tutorial can be found HERE

Yup - the tutorial is for Photoshop - but it would probably translate into another editing program.

For any premier members - I have given this a go on the latest PS project (in the premier corner) and I'm actually quite pleased with the results (Even though I'm being mean to Carl! )

Thanks again Greaper for a great link and for these smashing examples!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #19    Top
Old October 18th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Photo Traveler
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon5700photographer View Post
Well I had a go at it... it took me much longer than 15 minutes and I'm not too proud of the result... it's ok. The hard part is erasing the stuff right next to the dolphin... does anyone have any tips for that? Feel free to tell me what to do better next time.
Looks pretty good to me, as far as getting the edges to look better, I have trouble with that too. Try softening the edge of your brush a little.

#20    Top
Old October 18th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Photo Traveler
Anybody that tries it I would love to see you post your images to this thread.

Lets see what people come up with....

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things