Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Feedback > Questions & Suggestions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old November 23rd, 2005, 08:18 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Video tutorial can be found HERE

User CP

This is your user control panel, learn to love it. You can control most of how you experience PC and how to get the most out of PC this way – just don’t listen to anything Jay has to say .

If you go to edit options on the left in your user CP you can:
  • Change to invisible mode
  • Allow Vcard download (Has your information on it, e.g. name, address, phone number, website, email etc.)
  • Choose who you want to receive email from
  • Change how you use your subscribed threads option
  • Change your PM notifications
  • Decide whether you want to enable/disable signatures, avatars and images.
And much much more, so please spend some time looking in your user cp and finding out how everything works.

I know some people are getting confused about rep points so here's the low down. Reputation points are a feature of Vbulletin boards. The User Reputation system allows us as members to leave comments about one anothers' posts, and thereby contribute to their overall 'reputation'. The little green film strips ( ) tell you how good or bad your reputation is. To leave reputation for other members simply click the leave reputation icon ( ) and if you would like a comment as to why you gave them positive or negative reputation points.

Report those bad posts

You will see a amongst the other icons towards the top right of posts. This is the “Report Bad Post” icon. If you see something you think is inappropriate, spam etc, click this button, and it will send an email to administration so that we can deal with it.

Quick Links

Another useful tool, and pretty self explanatory. Check out your subscribed threads, see whose online, check out the posts from today, mark forums read (Come on, I know weve all done that) and a quick link to edit your options in your user cp.

Other Stuff
Also we have a calendar now, so please update your profiles via your user cp, and add your birthdays, so we know when everones birthday is. Enjoy the forum, and big thanks to Tim for the upgrade!

Also any other questions, let them roll!

Last edited by Scott111184; January 6th, 2011 at 09:52 PM.
  #2    Top
Old November 25th, 2005, 07:01 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Thanks, Kara!
  #3    Top
Old November 30th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Laugh, it's only life
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thats was cool Kara. Have some Rep points. LOL

"Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,martini in hand, totally worn out, shouting..Holy Sh**!! What a Ride!!"
  #4    Top
Old January 4th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Recent Photo: winter sauna 2
I am a newbie to all this. Thanks for the info.
Shelly
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old January 27th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Re: Learning & Understanding the User CP

hello All
I am having trouble getting in to the area where I can introduce myself to you all.
When I click on the yellow highlightedarea I just get shunted back to the previous page which I used to get access to the Intr area and so it goes., Just back and forth so I have clicked on this User Cp page and see what I am advised Cheers Joe Brown
  #6    Top
Old January 27th, 2010, 08:44 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Hey Joe,

Click here: http://www.photographycorner.com/for...newthread&f=10

This will take you the Members Introductions forum and get you started on creating a new thread.

Cheers,
tlw
  #7    Top
Old January 6th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Updated original post with a video tutorial.
  #8    Top
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:31 PM
The Corner Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott111184 View Post
Updated original post with a video tutorial.
Awesome job, Scott!!
  #9    Top
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:55 PM

hello everyone...I'm new & not sure how to find my way around just jet so please bear with me...I'm eager to learn all the tips & hints for using my new Canon T4i..hopefully I can get some suggestions here
thanks everyone
marski
  #10    Top
Old April 3rd, 2014, 01:53 PM

What about signature policy when they are allowed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
Video tutorial can be found HERE

User CP

This is your user control panel, learn to love it. You can control most of how you experience PC and how to get the most out of PC this way – just don’t listen to anything Jay has to say .

If you go to edit options on the left in your user CP you can:
  • Change to invisible mode
  • Allow Vcard download (Has your information on it, e.g. name, address, phone number, website, email etc.)
  • Choose who you want to receive email from
  • Change how you use your subscribed threads option
  • Change your PM notifications
  • Decide whether you want to enable/disable signatures, avatars and images.
And much much more, so please spend some time looking in your user cp and finding out how everything works.

I know some people are getting confused about rep points so here's the low down. Reputation points are a feature of Vbulletin boards. The User Reputation system allows us as members to leave comments about one anothers' posts, and thereby contribute to their overall 'reputation'. The little green film strips ( ) tell you how good or bad your reputation is. To leave reputation for other members simply click the leave reputation icon ( ) and if you would like a comment as to why you gave them positive or negative reputation points.

Report those bad posts

You will see a amongst the other icons towards the top right of posts. This is the “Report Bad Post” icon. If you see something you think is inappropriate, spam etc, click this button, and it will send an email to administration so that we can deal with it.

Quick Links

Another useful tool, and pretty self explanatory. Check out your subscribed threads, see whose online, check out the posts from today, mark forums read (Come on, I know weve all done that) and a quick link to edit your options in your user cp.

Other Stuff
Also we have a calendar now, so please update your profiles via your user cp, and add your birthdays, so we know when everones birthday is. Enjoy the forum, and big thanks to Tim for the upgrade!

Also any other questions, let them roll!
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Feedback > Questions & Suggestions