Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Feedback > Questions & Suggestions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old January 25th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 1st bloom
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Once you make an album your image erases from the general gallery and into your album. Then once it is in an album then you can sort it, name it and even change the album cover. Try this:

Click on Albums, create an album, then name the album, then go back to your general gallery and click on a picture, then go to edit picture (on the bottom of image), then place it into your newly created album and then click the album to see your picture in there

You'll have to do this for each image you want to place into the album, but once it's in there, you can do a host of things to it. Good luck with this - let us know how this works for you.

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop
How to make colors POP in your photos
So you want to start a business Part1 & Part 2

Basics of Photography
Sponsors
  #12    Top
Old January 25th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Dark-Eyed Junco
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thank You

Your input is much valued. Now lets see if I can follow the instructions and make it work. Hopefully I keep my CSO's to a minimum and succeed. In some ways I feel like a blind man (I'm male) in a maze trying to navigate all the protocals.

jerrywb
  #13    Top
Old January 26th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Looks like you got it figured out - I went to your galleries and saw your album created! Good going! Please don't feel like you are alone, most, if not all, felt 'blind' here too somehow or another. It took me quite sometime to get it, but once you know the info it's just easy gliding from there on out. Glad I could help!

BTW, you have a very nice gallery - thank you for sharing with us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywb View Post
Thank You

Your input is much valued. Now lets see if I can follow the instructions and make it work. Hopefully I keep my CSO's to a minimum and succeed. In some ways I feel like a blind man (I'm male) in a maze trying to navigate all the protocals.

jerrywb

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop

Basics of Photography
  #14    Top
Old January 26th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks again for the info and I actually made it work to a point. Unfortunately I now have a couple of more questions? I moved all the jpegs into the album as you instructed but they still do not display in the order posted when the album is opened. I click on sort and they move in the right order but go back to the incorrect sequence when closed out and re-opened. Is this normal?

Question 2 in this learning curve is about taking down or deleting a post/thread I made into the Feedback Corner and just reposting the image in my gallery.

Many thanks for the gallery compliment it is appreciated, jerrywb
  #15    Top
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Premiere Member
Not a problem - glad to help! Are you giving numerical values to each of your photos when you sort? This might be one of your culprits. Do this: Number your photos from 1 to whatever, then choose your album cover, then click the submit button. If you do not 'submit' then all your sorting will not take. Try it like this, if you still have a problem then I'm honestly at a loss (we'll have to ask one of the techie bigwigs around the corner).

As far as deleting any of your posts/threads from anywhere in the forum (not the galleries) you'll have to contact Tim Walker the site administrator. He is the only one (I think - unless moderators can too) that can delete, move posts, etc. Transferring images from a post/thread can not be done. You'll have to upload images into the gallery from your PC storage. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help in this area - our power is limited with certain things.

If there is anything else, please do not hesitate - I'll do my best in assisting. Take care and good luck with all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywb View Post
Thanks again for the info and I actually made it work to a point. Unfortunately I now have a couple of more questions? I moved all the jpegs into the album as you instructed but they still do not display in the order posted when the album is opened. I click on sort and they move in the right order but go back to the incorrect sequence when closed out and re-opened. Is this normal?

Question 2 in this learning curve is about taking down or deleting a post/thread I made into the Feedback Corner and just reposting the image in my gallery.

Many thanks for the gallery compliment it is appreciated, jerrywb

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop

Basics of Photography
  #16    Top
Old January 27th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Premiere Member
Well many thanks for all your help. I believe I have followed the suggestions and will try sorting later when I post a series in a new album, and yes I use/assign numbers to my jpegs so they should show from the lowest number up. Unfortunately they don't seem to display that way unless I click on sort in the folder then the jpegs line up correctly and that only stays while the folder is open. Close the album and reopen it and it is out of order. Oh well life will go on and I'm having fun. jerrywb
  #17    Top
Old July 17th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Uploading photos

Tim,

Just updated my profile as I have a new email address. So not sure if that
has anything to do with it, but when I login and go to the gallery tab I only
see "Home Search Profile" listed, missing "Upload Photos".
Thanks!
  #18    Top
Old July 19th, 2008, 09:25 AM
How to upload Photos

Any thoughts as to why I'm missing the upload photos function? Just have
Home Search Profile. Thanks
  #19    Top
Old July 26th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Recent Photo: Seagull by Lighthouse
Uploading photos

It says my photos are too big.
Is there a way I can resize them?
  #20    Top
Old August 11th, 2008, 12:45 PM
The Corner Creator
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagey7 View Post
It says my photos are too big.
Is there a way I can resize them?
What editing programs do you have available?