Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old December 3rd, 2006, 01:16 PM
Keeper of the Camera
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Washington DC

I had a the opportunity to visit Washington DC. All I can say is WOW...the architecture is awesome. The memorials are incredible. My father was in World War II and is honored at the World War II memorial. I was touched.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Z.DC.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	38872  Click image for larger version

Name:	Z.Lincoln Memmorial.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	38873  Click image for larger version

Name:	Z.Vietnam-War-Memorial.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	38874  Click image for larger version

Name:	Z.WWII.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	38875  Click image for larger version

Name:	ZWashington-Monument.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	38876  

#2    Top
Old December 3rd, 2006, 04:42 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Wow! stunning shots, love them all! perspective in the last shot is intense!
  #3    Top
Old December 3rd, 2006, 07:12 PM
Easily Confused
Recent Photo: Stone Wall
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
wow.. awesome series... the compositions are great on all of the shots..

Kenneth Tynan
  #4    Top
Old December 3rd, 2006, 07:15 PM
Hippy Chick
Recent Photo: 102_3756
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Amazing shots.. I can only imagine how you felt...I like all of them but my favs are 2-3-4............. Rosie
  #5    Top
Old December 3rd, 2006, 07:25 PM
Eye All Twitchy
I love #3... they are all nice, but 3 just stands out for me!

nice work!

Canon Digital Rebel XT
Canon 28-90mm
Canon 75-300mm
Merkury 58mm .45x wide lens w/macro
LensBaby 3G (that I dont use because I dont know how to get good photos out of it?!)
  #6    Top
Old December 4th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Amazing work. The ideas, compositions and colors on these are a work of art. I love the idea and colors - as well as the spot on focus on the 3rd shot - and the perspective on the last one.

the composition on the 2nd one - and colors- are also excellent.

Great work on this set. Beautiful.

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #7    Top
Old December 4th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Premiere Member
That third photo is exquisite...just perfect. Great shots...

www.myspace.com/wellbeyond
  #8    Top
Old December 4th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Expat Photographer
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Great shots! I worked in DC for 18 years and have seen and taken many pics there. These right up there with some of the best I've seen. I love the one of the Vietnam Vetran's memorial.
  #9    Top
Old December 5th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Keeper of the Camera
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thank you all for your kind comments. I hope to get there again in the spring. Soooo many things to see...a person could spend many days there. Arlington Cemetery is next on the list to visit. If you get the chance to visit, I would highly recommend it.
  #10    Top
Old December 6th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Silent Screamer
Recent Photo: Mr. Confused
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Love the third shot, all of them are beautifully executed, but that one has something special about it..

EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT FROM FAR AWAY
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places