Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old January 14th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks HRife
That means a lot to read that.
Thanks again!
  #12    Top
Old January 14th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Resident Meanie-Head
Recent Photo: roz1
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
I'm proud of you for paying for your own schooling. I really think that's the way to go if you ask me. Is it hard work? Yes. And that's a good thing, because the real world is hard work. And this will be your transition to it. You'll learn so much in these next few years, not only because you're in school, but because you're going to be learning how to be independent, and I do hope you'll have some fun with it. Like the others said, you can always come here for moral support

NO SNIVELLING
www.screaminglight.com

My Kids Demon Can Beat Up Your Kids Demon!
  #13    Top
Old January 14th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Premiere Member
Click - you are very welcome. One other hint, if you are NOT a morning person, do not register for an 8am class

My eldest ALWAYS wanted to move to California, but when he graduated from HS, he didn't feel he was ready (in spite of doing his own laundry since he was 8 and being responsible for 1 dinner a week.) He moved about a mile away and went to the local college until he knew he was ready for the big move and had saved $6000. He moved to California over 7 years ago. I try to visit 3 times a year and he is very capable of taking care of himself as well as a wonderful cook. Altho we don't talk as much as I'd like, we are very very close.

Youngest son went 3oo miles away to school and has lived about a mile away for over 2 years. He's also become a decent cook (he does call a couple times a month for advice), uses my washing machine for laundry and I talk to him daily, seeing him several times a week. He lives with his g/f (so I know about the shopping and life style differences). The first trip to the grocery took us over 3 hours - I said I'd buy but when they spent 20 minutes bickering over whether they were getting butter or margarine and then the brand, I picked up one of each and bought both.

Just realize that you are starting a new chapter in life, know where you want to go and don't lose sight of your goals. You do sound like you have a good head on your shoulders
  #14    Top
Old January 14th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Premiere Jerk
Recent Photo: Ripple Path
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Are you going there because of the GF?
Wish you the best of luck but College life is college life. Don't want to scary you but if your relationship last, she's a keeper.
(PS) living with my HS sweet heart now and we went to different schools for 2 years and the same school for 2 years - Our relationship was tested & we did survive!
  #15    Top
Old January 14th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I forgot how amazing this forum was and how great the people on it were!!
@Soopah: Yeah I wouldnt want my parents paying for my school, just makes it easier to waste the money and not care. If its my own money I'll cringe at every dollar I spend and make sure its something I really want lol. Thanks for the support Soopah, trust me I'll be asking tons of questions on here and also posting tons of pictures of me and uni with my gf .
@red:Yeah Im not too worried about mornings, I can usually do the 8am thing with about 6 hours of sleep lol. Well Im glad to hear two success stories from your sons, congratulations on raising such good boys. Yeah I have $6000 of my own saved up and estimating to make around $3000 this summer and then I'll only have to dip into my trust fund for a little bit of money. Im also hoping to get about $4000 in scholarships. So I might have to use any of my trust fund money next year. Thanks for the compliment red
@JustJerk:I can basically say Im going there for my gf yes lol. I love her and am willing to make the commitment and sacrifice of moving out there. We've been dating for a year and a bit now. So this year were going to different schools and then the next years coming up we'll attend the same school. Thanks for the success story JustJerk . Just re-ensures that we can make it through the time were spending apart right now
Thank you everyone I forgot how kind and supportive everyone is here while I was gone for a bit. Boy I am glad to be back!!
  #16    Top
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
This is a wonderful forum. I am just about to do the same thing Click. Graduationg this year and i want to finish out cadets this up comming year, so i am just attending commosun for 1 year, doing a bunch of courses to keep my brain thinking. Then i am heading out to Ontario to RMC. I can;t say i have advice for you i pretty much think the same as you, not a drinker or into drugs. Youll be just fine.

Good luck!!
  #17    Top
Old January 15th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Elite Member
Good Luck! I never went to college right after high school. I had to wait because I wasn't ready so I am very excited for you. Keep yourself positive and in a positive crowd. I have to pray a lot in any new situation as well.
  #18    Top
Old January 15th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Biggest advice:

Have fun!!!

And keep on shooting - we want to see shots of your new home when you get there!!!

Can't add anything else to the great advice above!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
Sponsors
  #19    Top
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: IMG_5414_hf_TIF1
Okay I know its already been said but you really do need to have fun Just don't over do it. I know I paid my own way and had way too much fun needless to say i was asked to leave and have felt like I really wasted a great opporitunity. Also besides learning college is for networking, it sounds silly but its true. and join a club. I am pretty sure you like photography so look into clubs regarding that or any of your hobbys. It will help you meet people.

Gallery
Feel free to critique any of my images.

#20    Top
Old January 16th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Premiere Member
Thanks everyone again for the comments The support is amazing, all these posts are making it so Im less scared. Its like even though Im leaving my family and friends in BC I'll still have friends and people to talk to on here, so it makes me feel better. Thank you .
@Zheng: Well goodluck to you also then Zheng
@Oneof42: Oh your not going to be able to stop me from puting pictures on this forum No worries there.
@christinayoder: Yeah I want to definetly look into something to do with photography in the university, whether it be a side class or a club. But Im also planning on trying out for the univeristiies volleyball team, so we'll see how that goes.
Thanks everyone again!!