Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old July 4th, 2004, 05:25 PM
It's me!

Hi!,
Just thought I'd drop in, participate a bit
  #2    Top
Old July 4th, 2004, 05:53 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Welcome to PhotographyCorner... Glad to have you here.
  #3    Top
Old July 4th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Hey dampeoples, welcome to the corner. Youll make a lovely addition to our little group here
  #4    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Filmaholic
Recent Photo: Spike
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Welcome to the Corner!
Pictures, regardless of how they are created and recreated, are intended to be looked at. This brings to the forefront not the technology of imaging, which of course is important, but rather what we might call the eyenology (seeing).
-Henri Cartier-Bresson
  #5    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:49 AM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: It's me!

Hello dampeoples. Why dont you tell us a bit more about yourself. Like what got you interested in photography, how long youve been doing it, what sort of equipment/programs you like to use, and what your favorite photo subjects are? As well what sort of job do you do? :0)
  #6    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Well, I suppose I got started with Photography in elementary school, where we made pinhole cameras and developed our own.
  #7    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:57 AM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I wonder why our school never did pin whole camera's, hehe. What sort of film goes in that, Im assuming its single sheet exposure's and not a roll sort of thing.
  #8    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Sorry, I got cut short on my earlier reply, company and all.
The pinhole camera uses sheets of film, If I remember correctly, we would cut full sheets in 1/2.
I took a break after the elementary school gig, taking pictures when the occasion was special, etc, and got into other forms of art. I then went from that to being a bum, I suppose that's a natural progression
I use film, and while I don't consider myself a purist, I'm not a big fan of image manipulation (other than sharpening, color balance, etc)
I also shoot digital, just not as much, I try to use it more, I just like the speed, control of my SLR. I have a low-end digital, that might be one of the problems
Program wise, I use Photoshop Elements for image correction, and more for drawing, etc. I was creating game graphics, but that fell to the wayside. I use iPhoto to catalog my photos, it's perfect for it. I've tried different folders, etc, but they are always too cumbersome.
My equipment consists of Nikon N65, and about a dozen filters, a 28-90 macro lens, 100-300 zoom lens, flash, Kodad digital (2MP, forgot the name), a Lomo Actionsampler, Holga 120 and various other toy digital cameras.
As far as a job, I did electrical work for 12 years, worked at a prison for 9 months, and currently waiting on the post office. I'm tired of electrical work, and want a 9-5 job
  #9    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:42 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Nice... a Holga, eh? Gotta show us some pics from that... hehe.
  #10    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Well, I've never actually used it, see...
I bought it when i lived in TN, there were no places to process locally in the mountians, so I perused B&H for affordable mailers, ended up buying one for color when I had a shiny new roll of Tri-X. I'm back in Raleigh now, I should take it out, there are plenty of labs around here.