Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:54 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Yeah, I would love to see some pics from it... I've been wanting to get one.... hehe. I can take Holga pictures vicariously through you.
  #12    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Id love to have a holga, but here in montana its hard to find anything or anyonw who supports medium format. I guess ill just have to go the postal route. Everythings so digitised these days, ahd while its not a bad thing or a huge problem, I just feel like a holga would just bring the fun out of photography.
  #13    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 01:34 PM
I like the whole idea of the Lomo type stuff, not necessarily all of it, just the fun factor.
You don't have to take technically correct pictures to have a great time. It saddens me when someone critiques a photo based on something like, it's just another flower macro, or wow, kids, dogs, cats, etc.
If pictures start to bore you, time to find another hobby, all of it has been done before. Twice.
  #14    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 01:46 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Is the Holga 120 the medium format camera that is sort of a toy? Its doesnt really offer much control other than being an affordable medium format plastic camera? Or am I thinking of some other mf camera?

I prefer to use my slr camera over my digital cuz of the speed, but the fuji pro2 or 3 that I use at work is niiiiiice. Push the power button and its on. press the button part way and its in focus just like that. Press the button and your ready to go onto the next one. :0). I want to upgrade to a dslr, that would fix the digital camera problem, hehe.
  #15    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Yeah, the Holga is the toy camera, everything is plastic, even the lens
It takes some very unique shots, poke around Google for some samples
  #16    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Yes I just love the idea of me and my roll of black tape, guessing the exposures....just seems like a ton of fun.
  #17    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 01:52 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Whats a low end mf camera that isnt a toy? Something around the slr price range? :0)

does the holga offer aperature/shutter speed control or just p/s?
  #18    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Not sure, I've never researched it, you could poke around on B&H, have it list medium format by price.
  #19    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Premiere Member
Holga toy cameras are exactly that, a toy camera. They come with one standard shutterspeed which I think is 1/250. They are light leakers so you have to tape them up inside and outside so you dont get any light leaks to your film. Seems like a huge hassle, but the holgas run for only about $25 max (US)
  #20    Top
Old July 5th, 2004, 02:10 PM
VIP Member
Ya but the film costs more, and then developing could be costly Id imagine. The photographer I assist for uses medium format, and uses a local place for developing, so if I can get the film at the same cost and developing for the same cost, appearntly its something like $0.67 a picture after all the costs.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions