Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old February 24th, 2005, 11:03 PM
another newbie from Canada

Just got introduced to the site from a new friend and I'm here to learn from all of you how to become a better photographer. I'm an AVID scrapbooker and have recently taken an interest in photography, have a digital camera finally, but need some serious help learning all the tricks. Can't wait to look around and get to know you all.

anyone else have a fuji finepix S5000?
  #2    Top
Old February 24th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Filmaholic
Recent Photo: Spike
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Welcome to the Corner, Corry! My wife is a big scrapbooker, too!

And i think there are a couple of people here with the same fuji as you.
Pictures, regardless of how they are created and recreated, are intended to be looked at. This brings to the forefront not the technology of imaging, which of course is important, but rather what we might call the eyenology (seeing).
-Henri Cartier-Bresson
  #3    Top
Old February 24th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Padawan of Light
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Welcome to the corner Corry, I think you find the people here very helpful. Enjoy..
http://www.kylecgilbert.com/photoblog
  #4    Top
Old February 24th, 2005, 11:20 PM
thanks for the welcome and I hope to glean a lot. just checked out the contest photos and they are fab! wow.

photography and scrapbooking go hand in hand I guess LOL.
  #5    Top
Old February 24th, 2005, 11:52 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Welcome to the Corner! My sister is big into scrapbooking as well.
  #6    Top
Old February 25th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Some Guy
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Greetings!
  #7    Top
Old February 25th, 2005, 01:54 AM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Welcome to the forum. :0)

Scrapbooking sounds intersting, but from what ive seen in a couple of art stores, the supplies are way over priced. $1 for a sheet of paper? :0)
Sponsors
  #8    Top
Old February 25th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Just the Pool Man
Welcome Corry, I'm starting to wonder what % of Canadians are photographers. Is it the national pastime?
  #9    Top
Old February 25th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Padawan of Light
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
LOL Thats funny
http://www.kylecgilbert.com/photoblog
  #10    Top
Old February 25th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Well, i guess it's pretty beautiful scenery so maybe we just like to capture it LOL. I'm not sure about the percentage, would be interesting to do a survey hey Kyle? (or is Sam just poking fun at us Canadians eh like we have no life ROFLMHO) eh?

About the price of scrap stuff, well, most hobbies are kind of expesive wouldn't ya say? I mean how about cameras and equipment LOL. thing is when you combine the two then you're really in trouble!
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions