Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old February 25th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Junior VIP Member
Howdy and welcome , i can see your already making yourself at home have FUN!
  #12    Top
Old February 26th, 2005, 06:13 AM
P-R-O-crastinator
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
when you combine the two then you're really in trouble!
Agreed 100%. I scrapbook too so learning to take great photo's can only make your scrapbooks better and if you are creative enough, you can use your own photo's for page accents instead of buying all the stuff you could in a scrapbook store. .

Welcome here. You will love it and learn lots. Many GREAT photographers in here.

My Website
  #13    Top
Old February 26th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Hello there I am also from Canada I love scrapbooking 2
  #14    Top
Old February 26th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Filmaholic
Recent Photo: Spike
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryDavid
Scrapbooking sounds intersting, but from what ive seen in a couple of art stores, the supplies are way over priced. $1 for a sheet of paper? :0)
As with almost everything else, you get what you pay for. My mom used to think the same way. Why spend so much money on that expensive stuff when this will work just as well? Until she was going through my grandmother's photo albums after my grandmother died, and photos that were less than 5 years old had faded and turned yellow from the acid in the photo album.

$1 for a sheet of paper is expensive if you're using it for a scratch pad. $1 is a very small investment to protect those irreplaceable photographs of your son's first birthday, etc.

/end soapbox.
Pictures, regardless of how they are created and recreated, are intended to be looked at. This brings to the forefront not the technology of imaging, which of course is important, but rather what we might call the eyenology (seeing).
-Henri Cartier-Bresson
Sponsors
  #15    Top
Old February 26th, 2005, 10:39 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Yes, but if people started to refuse to pay those prices for acid free paper, they would lower it. :0) Think of the markup it has. 0.5 cents for normal paper, 2000 times more for acid free. someone is making a killing off of it.

Also in these specialty stores I see normal things that can be bought in normal stores for 2 or 3 times less. I think they figure you dont mind paying to much. :0)

I know you get what you pay for usually, but sometimes a lower price can still get you quality, and sometimes a larger price can get you junk.
  #16    Top
Old February 26th, 2005, 11:40 PM
Well, I agree and although I do try and use mostly acid free paper etc I don't stress over it. I'm creative and this is the most usefull longlasting use of my creativity that I've found so I don't mind paying a bit more to do something I LOVE! I also am a major cheapo so I only buy on sale and I find lots of goodies that are crossover items and buy them at the stationary stores or chain stores. Guess where there's a will there's a way.
  #17    Top
Old February 27th, 2005, 06:06 AM
VIP Member
An example of over pricedness.

In Michaels, an art store, you can buy special scissors that give you different patterns. I think these are each $5 to $7 cdn. Or you can go to Regal and buy a package of 5 of these for $12cdn, or you can go to Costco and buy a setup of them of I think 20 styles for $25 cdn.

I got the pattern I wanted, victorian, in the circular blade style, but I had no choice but to get it from michaels. The blades are $10 cdn each, but they havent had any single blades in stock since before Christmas, I think November. So I had to buy the starter kit for that blade, that came with another style blade, and the handle/normal blade for $30. I had to pay $10 extra for a blade I didnt want, but oh well.

I went to the blades website and they dont have a storefront on it which I thought was very odd. They list each item they carry, but no buy it now button.
  #18    Top
Old February 27th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Premiere Member
Welcome

Angela
  #19    Top
Old February 27th, 2005, 09:20 PM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
welcome!
  #20    Top
Old February 28th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Babraham Lincoln
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Quote:
AVID scrapbooker
Me Too!!! Made one for my parent's 29 yr anniversary. Cost me about $600 for supplies, But it got my mom's old pictures out of boxes