Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Cold, Wind, Ice

I couldnt take it anymore. I had to get out. Between this stoopid flu and house renos, I needed some me time. So I ventured out, on the coldest day of the year. I wondered why there was nobody down at the bluffs.
The temps were pushing -30(-21American) with 60km(35mphAmerican) winds. I just had to go see what the ice was lookin like at the far west point of bluffers park.
This was the scene walking towards the lake. The sun was out, but had this wierd glow over it.

Finally after about 10 minutes I was at the point.

I was laying on the ice here, but if it were summer I would be in the lake. I was trying to capture the waves smashing against the ice. At one point a gust of wind caused the water to cover me in cold water. This was pretty much as it was shot. I will fix the blue a little later Just dont have the energy now.

...oh... and Im terrified of large bodies of water.

ONce I got home, I downed a hot chocolate, and some meds and went to sleep.
Visit me here..Room57
  #2    Top
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Expat Photographer
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Absolutely awesome shots Carl!! Man, the pics deserve a 5 star and you deserve the same for braving it mate
  #3    Top
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Hard
Beautiful shots, as always. You're a brave man! and lying on the ground!! I ventured outside yesterday for about 15 minutes but that was it. Saturday I took the dog down to the beach, Ashbridges. Only other people out were fellow dog walkers.
  #4    Top
Old February 5th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Seeing Beyond Seeing
Recent Photo: DSC_83631pc
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I hope you are now feeling better.

Thanks for taking us on your journey, you did an awesome job of capturing the cold and I can really feel the wind blowing in the first shot, excellent work!

susanhernandezphotography
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old February 5th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Easily Confused
Recent Photo: Stone Wall
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
amazing series, Carl.. I love the light on the snow and ice... glad you didn't get pneumonia and glad your camera didn't get soaked.

Kenneth Tynan
  #6    Top
Old February 5th, 2007, 07:12 PM
SuperCamel
Photograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
WOW great shots. That first one in particular is stunning! Definitely 5 stars from me!
http://younesbounhar.com/blog

'LIFE IS A JOURNEY, NOT A DESTINATION'
  #7    Top
Old February 6th, 2007, 02:12 AM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Awesome shot, I love the first one! Amazing... I also like the sort of journey into the arctic feel of this series, thanks for braving it for us!
  #8    Top
Old February 6th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Elite Member
These are some gorgeous shots....my fav is the first!....You had to shoot with gloves on or your hands would have froze to your camera...or fingers fell off in that weather.
  #9    Top
Old February 6th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
I have to agree - as interesting as they are in the series ( Brrr, shiver ) the first is gorgeous ,,, it is in colour right .. or do I have a blue tint to my screen

I wonder does my screen also have a slight tilt on the horizon .

I really love that shot .. its lurvly

L

"This is the true joy in life, being used for a purpose identified by yourself as a mighty one"
George Bernard Shaw
  #10    Top
Old February 6th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Flower Seed Head
That first shot is great. I love the lack of color, the perspective, and the barren feel to it. It looks so cold. The shots of the water are really cool, too. You're a brave man...

"If you really want to hurt your parents, go into the arts."
-Kurt Vonnegut

My blog
My Facebook page
Connect with me on Twitter @nicoleannstpaul
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things