Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old February 9th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Recent Photo: Aerial Dance
Our list got additions last night!

It's always included cameras, lenses (at least 1 a macro), sometimes the lensbaby, extra batteries, battery chargers, and as many flash cards as we own. Also, radios (becuase we almost never shoot solo, if we split up, radios are easier than phones sometiimes out here), sunscreen, and water.

After last night, the list also includes at least one firearm, and flashlights to hand at night. And, the new rule is, someone back home expects us to check in regularly, knows when we will and where we are, and comes looking for us if we don't.

I seriously never thought we were in any real danger out shooting until last night - except maybe from stupidity, like falling down a chasm looking for the right angle or some such. I mean, what bothers humans, right? Well, we made that mistake. Stay safe when you're out shooting!

cSoul

When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty but when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong. --R. Buckminster Fuller
  #12    Top
Old February 9th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
ipod, never thought about that! Most the time when I go out to shoot photos, I go alone, time away from my two young kids, and I look forward to the quiet. Walking along the trail and hearing nothing but nature around me. Silence!

I usually carry my bag with camera, and lens (currently only one with the D80) filters; most the time a polorizer, cleaning cloths, extra cards, battery, cell phone and a large tripod. Sometimes I will take a white or tan umbrella with me (the compact kind) to use for shade over subjects. =)

#13    Top
Old February 9th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by cSoul View Post
Our list got additions last night!

It's always included cameras, lenses (at least 1 a macro), sometimes the lensbaby, extra batteries, battery chargers, and as many flash cards as we own. Also, radios (becuase we almost never shoot solo, if we split up, radios are easier than phones sometiimes out here), sunscreen, and water.

After last night, the list also includes at least one firearm, and flashlights to hand at night. And, the new rule is, someone back home expects us to check in regularly, knows when we will and where we are, and comes looking for us if we don't.

I seriously never thought we were in any real danger out shooting until last night - except maybe from stupidity, like falling down a chasm looking for the right angle or some such. I mean, what bothers humans, right? Well, we made that mistake. Stay safe when you're out shooting!

cSoul
Oh man - sounds like you had a fun trip out somewhere . .

a firearm???

Come on - I think we need the full story!!!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #14    Top
Old February 9th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_7682aweb
Camera of course , my 18-200 lens, sometimes I throw my 50mm in my pocket, extra battery and card.

If it's at night, I take my tripod and release cable.

I just got a new cellphone yesterday that has a built-in mp3 player, so now I can have tunes and not have to worry about missing a call
Help raise awareness about food allergies!!!
  #15    Top
Old February 9th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof42 View Post
Oh man - sounds like you had a fun trip out somewhere . .

a firearm???

Come on - I think we need the full story!!!

Andy
Meh!

Caught the other thread from Roz!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #16    Top
Old February 9th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by fa1sal View Post
Very interesting question.

I usually carry a voodoo doll of Spicoli's! LOL (just kidding)

So that explains this wierd virus I have had for the last 3 weeks. Ya can take the pins out of my chest now, so I can breath better. Kiddin bro.

I just take my mp3 player...always need music. And when I can I bring my pooch. Other then that...just my camera and accessories.
Visit me here..Room57
Sponsors
  #17    Top
Old February 9th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
So that explains this wierd virus I have had for the last 3 weeks. Ya can take the pins out of my chest now, so I can breath better. Kiddin bro.

I just take my mp3 player...always need music. And when I can I bring my pooch. Other then that...just my camera and accessories.
Come on, man! You make me feel guilty now.

LOL. Glad you know I was kidding. I'm a big fan.

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #18    Top
Old February 9th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
1. Ipod
2. Excedrine
3. Knee pads( I shoot sports & weddings so I'm always getting up and down)
4. picture of family on Ipod
5. candy bar(preferrably a kit kat or butterfinger)
6. Step ladder
7. Screw driver set
8. Photo gloves
theres probally more, but I can't remember
http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=5003
  #19    Top
Old February 10th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Recent Photo: "no comment"
When I go with my cameras, usually I do not take anything unnecessary with myself.
I treat my camera equipments like a queen.
  #20    Top
Old February 11th, 2007, 07:39 PM
I photograph most anything but my first love is nature and scenic photography. I have a piece of equipment that is indespensible. The funny thing is, I don't even bother to take it with me when I'm out in the field. It's my alarm clock! I credit it with allowing me to capture the bulk of my best shots. You can have a bag full of the best cameras and lenses in the world but they aren't worth a damn if you're lying in bed, missing the sweetest light of the day.

CircleBack
And she surely is God's artist
as her web has caught the dew..........

John Hiatt
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner