Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 31st, 2009, 09:50 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Wedding photographer get camera stolen...

I ran across this earlier and wanted to share. This is horrible that someone would do this, at least mail the card back so the bride and groom have photos of their wedding!

http://snackfeed.com/videos/detail/7...ng-photos?_s=s
  #2    Top
Old May 31st, 2009, 10:14 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Wedding photographer get camera stolen...

Now that sucks.....

Gear List

'Every other artist begins with a blank canvas, a piece of paper the photographer begins with the finished product. ' ..... Edward Steichen
  #3    Top
Old June 5th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Recent Photo: COYOTES
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

This is a shame. A "personal" kind of crime.
I recently updated my home owners insurance policy and was suprised to find out that I could insure my camera and lenses against loss and damage for only .50 cents a month. That is $6.00 a year to ease my worry about my camera being stolen from my car or anywhere else, and accidental damage like getting knocked off a table or dropped out a car window. I have heard crazy stories about how people get their equipment damaged. This wont get your photos back, but could ease the pain in getting your equipment replaced. Might be worth a check on your home-owners or renters policy to see if you can get this coverage. At least that is how it is in the U.S. Dont know much about insurance in other places.
  #4    Top
Old June 5th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

The words I would like to say, can not be said here.
Visit me here..Room57
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old June 5th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
The words I would like to say, can not be said here.
I'm sure we all said them after reading this, Carl. Bad enough for the photographer but I can't imagine how upset the couple is.
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
  #7    Top
Old June 7th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

bummer...whyd the photographer leave his/her camera in such an open space out of eyesight? bit silly no?
  #8    Top
Old June 7th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother

It was and the guy was quick one he had the opportunity to nab it!
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
  #9    Top
Old June 7th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by grif04 View Post
bummer...whyd the photographer leave his/her camera in such an open space out of eyesight? bit silly no?
Yes it was bad judgement on the photographers part to leave the camera laying around but that still doesn't make it right to steal it. It's just horrible how much you have to watch yourself and you belonging these days. What really gets me is that it was an adult, someone who should have known better!

I will never leave my equipment sitting around but someone better hope if they pull something like that on me they can run fast. I will not have a problem beating someone with my tripod!

Which brings me to why it is good to have a sturdy and heavy tripod!
  #10    Top
Old June 9th, 2009, 02:46 PM

oh my gosh i think i'd have an anxiety attack! and people wonder why photographers have several cameras and bags attached to them all the time! too bad that photographer let his most prized possession out of his grasp.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner