Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old February 23rd, 2007, 12:17 AM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I have a dream...

For the last month or so Ive realized that come June when I graduate, I can do anything I want and that the skies the limit. I dont have boundaries or curfews or places I cant go. So because of this freedom I am soon to have bestowed upon me I began thinking awhile back what I truly want to do after highschool. I already know that I definetly want to move out to saskatchewan and go to school there with my girlfriend. Somewhere in the future I have a dream that I want to go to Africa, or some third world country, and take pictures. Not just to take pictures for the sake of taking them, but maybe take those pictures for an organization or sell them to companies to raise awareness for the conditions in these countries and raise money for some people there. This is my dream. My girlfriend might be going to Africa for the summer in a couple years to volunteer there, so maybe thats my chance to go and volunteer and also try to accomplish some part of this dream.
Im not really sure why I posted this, just as fellow photographers and maybe even people that have done this, can comment about it .
  #2    Top
Old February 23rd, 2007, 03:50 AM
Lancashire Lass
Recent Photo: ruin
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Capture your dream and follow it while you have the youth and will to do so. Its great that you have thoughts for your future, GO FOR IT.
Susan
  #3    Top
Old February 23rd, 2007, 07:22 AM
Addicted Member
Recent Photo: Dream Home
It's good to follow your dreams, but if you are serious then really plan them out and make sure they are realistic, or else they can turn to nightmares.
Also, I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but take care of your life and don't base your future around your current girlfriend. You never know what the future will hold and if you two break up, you will feel regret for not doing what was best for you in the long run. Like you said "the skies the limit", look into all your options and make an educated decision on what you want to do with your life.
Best of luck in whatever you choose.

#4    Top
Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:57 AM
Although I graduated from high school nearly 40 years ago I'm still dreaming. Life is a journey and chasing dreams is a fantastic trail to follow on that journey.
  #5    Top
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:57 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by figrin_d View Post
It's good to follow your dreams, but if you are serious then really plan them out and make sure they are realistic, or else they can turn to nightmares.
Also, I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but take care of your life and don't base your future around your current girlfriend. You never know what the future will hold and if you two break up, you will feel regret for not doing what was best for you in the long run. Like you said "the skies the limit", look into all your options and make an educated decision on what you want to do with your life.
Best of luck in whatever you choose.
^^^^^ Seconded. You're old enough to start making plans for the future, but young enough that you should still leave lots of flexibility for change, as it tends to happen a lot at our age
  #6    Top
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:21 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
You want to move from BC to Saskatchewan? Yuck. Have you ever been there? Make the gf move to BC...
  #7    Top
Old February 23rd, 2007, 05:06 PM
Premiere Member
Thank you all for the comments and advice
@figrin_d:I know exactly what your saying about basing my future around my girlfriend, but in some ways you gotta gamble and take a couple risks. Going to school next september in sask is really what I want to do. Ive reasearched the school and I am really looking forward to attending it next year. And I do want to make a future with me and my girlfriend together, and the only way I can do that is include her in my big decisions and take our relationship into account.
@Tim:haha funny thing is Tim that she DID live in BC before moving to saskatchewan for school lol. All I know is I love snow so hopefully I wont mind sask too much