Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old March 1st, 2007, 12:45 AM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
A Splash of Color

Let me know what you think.
This is one of my first attempts at selective coloring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rose.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	44769  
  #2    Top
Old March 1st, 2007, 08:30 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Any feedback at all is good
Good or bad, lets hear it!
  #3    Top
Old March 2nd, 2007, 12:47 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Hey T, sorry I missed this. Very interesting shot for select color and I like the redness - but maybe a little less red would look better. I think. Thanks for sharing.

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #4    Top
Old March 2nd, 2007, 06:08 PM
Premiere Member
Faisal thank you SO much for posting on this
I really wanted feedback and I noticed that tons of people had viewed it but didnt post anything.
Yeah I'll try dimming the flower down a bit.
Thanks for the comment!
  #5    Top
Old March 2nd, 2007, 07:07 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I like the red but I too wonder what it would look like a little less red... very good work though, quite effective.

I too have been noticing less people commenting on my threads and it usually takes over a day... it just started recently, so I can't figure it out... Oh well.
Sponsors
  #6    Top
Old March 2nd, 2007, 07:11 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Well, T, it's always my pleasure.

I guess people usually prefer to post only when they have something positive to say - i used to be like this until very recently - but thought it'll be more help to honestly say/read what i/people think. and i'm glad you appreciate that.

IT also doesn't help that the corner is a bit slow these days - maybe the winter - but it always picks up again.

All the best.

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #7    Top
Old March 2nd, 2007, 07:28 PM
Premiere Member
Thanks again Faisal and Nikon
Heres a slightly toned down version, any better or should I make it even more faded?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rose.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	44835  
  #8    Top
Old March 3rd, 2007, 01:29 AM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I'm not sure if the selective coloring does anything for this photo. I would really like to see it in color. The selective coloring doesn't invoke any emotion or reaction.

Do you have it in full color still?

#9    Top
Old March 3rd, 2007, 06:12 PM
Premiere Member
Yes I do, here the full color verson.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	colorrose.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	44889  
  #10    Top
Old March 3rd, 2007, 06:14 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I personally like it in color better. Just my 2 cents tho !

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things