Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old March 13th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Cemetary Series

Heres some more shots I took from my recent visit to the cemetary.
Please leave comments, thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alone.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	45483  Click image for larger version

Name:	Alone2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	45484  Click image for larger version

Name:	ManyColoredGrave.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	45485  Click image for larger version

Name:	ManyColoredGrave2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	45486  Click image for larger version

Name:	liliesgrave.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	45487  

#2    Top
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: DSC_0098
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
interesting series Click. I wasn't too sure about these viewing the tumbnail but I am sure glad I opened them.

I like the composition on the first two shots. Can't really decide which I like more, the coloured (though a bit muted) or selective. Because of the subject matter both are lovely. I like the use of space and the vinetting around the images...works well.

I like what the 3rd and 4th images are trying to say (well to me) - the flowers and colour are bringing life to a lifeless place. I like it, just wished it was a bit sharper and maybe have a little more space around the headstone and flowers. The 4th is very nice.

And I really like the conversion on that last image. Good choice! And I like the memorial feel to it.

Again, enjoyed these! Well done

A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement. Bo Bennett
---------------------

Yep, this is my Smug!
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old March 14th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks so much carroll
I was beginning to feel downhearted seing as 24 people had viewed this thread and no comments or feedback.
Thank you for taking time to just say how you liked them.
I wasnt to sure about the first too either with the coloring or selective, so I posted both. Thats great that you got that message from 2 and 3, tahts what I was trying to convey.
Thanks again carroll
  #4    Top
Old March 15th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: Pretty Purple Passion
ok.... I find the first two alittle empty.

It is like as if my eye draws towards the color in the bottom right of the first one. I really like the 3 rd one and this is why.... My eye starts at the actual headstonew/ flowers and falls back to the street and continues to flow towards the tall trees in the back and flows up to the sky so i see the WHOLE shot. I know what you mean about people looking and not leavig a comment. I get that alot. So I ask myself: Ok was it good or not?

I thik these are worth having in a collection but if it were me I would work on the first 2

Capturing timeless treasures of what God allows us to see with the naked eye
  #5    Top
Old March 15th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Premiere Member
Thanks for the input Shutter
I know what you mean about the first color one. But I kind of wanted them to be empty, having the grave the only subject in the picture. Guess I'll have to work on that. Thanks for leaving a comment! Much appreciated.