Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner
View Poll Results: Mac or PC ?
Mac (laptop) 18 24.32%
PC (laptop) 30 40.54%
Mac (desktop) 13 17.57%
PC (desktop) 46 62.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. You may not vote on this poll

#1    Top
Old March 17th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Mac or PC?

Hey everyone ,

Just curious to see who has a mac computer or a PC.
This includes laptops. I myself am on a desktop PC, which is getting pretty old lol. But in a couple weeks I am getting an Mac iBook laptop, so Im pretty excited.
  #2    Top
Old March 17th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_7682aweb
We have 3 PC desktops, 3 PC laptops and my precious MacBook Pro.

I seldom, if ever touch the PCs anymore and the next desktop I buy will be either a Mac Mini or an iMac.
Help raise awareness about food allergies!!!
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old March 17th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Demon View Post
We have 3 PC desktops, 3 PC laptops and my precious MacBook Pro.

I seldom, if ever touch the PCs anymore and the next desktop I buy will be either a Mac Mini or an iMac.
Yeah my dad and mom have the iBook G4, my sister has the iBook G3, my brother has the MacBook.
My dad is upgrading from the G4 to the MacBook, so the other computers are being passed down. The G4 to my sister and the G3 to me.
Ever since my family has had these laptops, Ive been the only one using the PC desktop , but this thing is going to be obselete when I get my laptop.
  #4    Top
Old March 17th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Premiere Jerk
Recent Photo: Ripple Path
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
1 pc desktop
1 powermac G5 Dual (have another one but I'm selling it)
2 laptops
No clue on how many old ones are collecting dust in the attic.
  #5    Top
Old March 17th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Premiere Member
let's see... in the house we have, if i remember correctly, 3 or 4 laptops, 6 desktops, 4 or 5 servers (running a mix of OSs), an eMac, and a MacMini... and probably 8 mp3 players (a mix of Creative, Ipod, and Rio)
http://www.dailywav.com/
  #6    Top
Old March 18th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Lancashire Lass
Recent Photo: ruin
Gosh you all have a lot of technology in your homes. We have just a laptop pc and a desktop pc. Hubby has a palm pda thing.
Susan
  #7    Top
Old March 18th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I have 1 little old pc desktop.How much different is a pc from a mac?
  #8    Top
Old March 18th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: Fire Orange
we have one Pc desktop and one PC laptop, love them!
We also have 3 previously used PC's that are in the garage for junk!

Proud owner or D300, 50mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8

D40 {forsale}
D80 {forsale}
18-70mm (forsale}
50mm 1.8 {forsale}
  #9    Top
Old March 18th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_7682aweb
Oh the surface, Macs aren't much different from PCs.

It's when you realize the ease of use and absolute efficiency of a Mac that you see the difference.
My one Mac is more stable, more effecient, FASTER, runs cooler and is just in general more awesome than any of my PCs

Edited to add

You know when you want to install a new camera, or printer or any piece of new hardware aside from a mouse on a PC you have to mess with the software cds, or wait for windows to find the right driver and then pray that it works?

On a Mac, you plug it in and you use it. Just like that.

You know when you install some software on a PC and you have to wait ages for it deposit files in a million different places and your system draaaaaaaags while you wait?

On a Mac you click the application you want to install and you drag it to your applications folder. Now it's installed.
Help raise awareness about food allergies!!!
  #10    Top
Old March 18th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Wow that sounds great.Will have to look into it on my next computer purchase.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner