Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 21st, 2007, 08:04 PM
Photo Traveler
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
1st Photography Corner Scavenger Hunt

Welcome the the first Photography Corner Scavenger Hunt.

Let me explain. This is an excercise in creativity. An attempt to force you to strech your imagination. To encourage you to look at the world around you with some focus. If you are interested, read on.

In this excercise you are encouraged to seek out artistic images with an eye for composition, technical excellence and emotional content...

Now doesn't that put the pressure on

You have from now, Monday the 21st, 2007. until Midnight June 3rd to complete the excersise.

You are going to receive 10 themes. You are going to go out to a location of your choosing (or stay home). You are going to shoot on this location in one outting doing your best to get one image fitting each of the themes. Let me repeat that. All of the images need to be shot in one session or outting.

An image may only be used for one of the themes, no two birds with one stone.

Each image shall be labled for which theme it represents.

The images are yours to create, so whatever post processing you think best is allowed.

It need not be said that all of the images must be shot by you durring the hunt period.

If you do not manage to get all 10 images, please share what you did get.

This is not a contest. It is meant to be fun and challenging. The only prize to be gained will be the enjoyment of everyone's images and the chance to stretch artisticly.

Please post your hunt images here in this thread.

With that, here are your ten themes.
  1. blue
  2. s curve
  3. flat
  4. transparent
  5. sad
  6. shiny
  7. tall
  8. fast
  9. old
  10. reflection

Lets see what you got.

Check out my Galleries at:

http://dehmphoto.smugmug.com
  #2    Top
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:06 AM
The Godfather
Recent Photo: Some shots from 2010
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Looks like a creative fun project, going to try and participate as best as possible.

Leica M8, Nikon D200, Kodak DCS Pro14n, Olympus E20n, Leica R8, Leica M3, Bessa T101 w/50mm Heliar, Kodak 260,
  #3    Top
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:58 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Fantastic idea. Not sure I can do that within the deadline but will of course try!! Thanks, Greaper.

Oh, and thanks for making it clearer about the "no 2 birds with one stone"! I would've thought of taking a shot of an old tall blue S curve reflected on something flat and shiny!

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #4    Top
Old May 22nd, 2007, 01:04 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: tigers1
This is a great idea! What a way to get creative! I used to love scavenger hunts when I was a kid, this one should be fun.
  #5    Top
Old May 22nd, 2007, 05:00 AM
Old Fogey
Recent Photo: Stormy Pasture
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
A most exciting adventure....thanks for the challenge!

H.W.Rife

Just some old "Nikon" stuff!

There are no stupid questions....only stupid assumptions.

He who dies with the most "Toys"...wins!
  #6    Top
Old May 22nd, 2007, 09:41 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: waterfall2
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I may not meet all the categories, but it will sure be fun trying! Thanks, Greaper!
  #7    Top
Old May 24th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: wedge_IR
Scavenger hunts are a hoot...our club here has them annually in conjunction with the summer BBQ.....ours has teams of 3 persons working together to complete the objectives.
  #8    Top
Old May 27th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Photo Traveler
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I went out and shot mine today...

I'm not posting until someone gets on the board here...

Check out my Galleries at:

http://dehmphoto.smugmug.com
Sponsors
  #9    Top
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:04 PM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I actually wrote down the 10 items with the intent to go out and hunt. So far, the list still sits on my desk. I did, however, give the list to a friend and he and his wife are supposed to go do it (just as an exercise for themselves).
  #10    Top
Old May 28th, 2007, 04:42 AM
though i'm a rookie, i'm glad to take part in this. Lets see what i can come up with