Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old March 19th, 2005, 02:20 AM
thank you all.........specially to Gerry
Sponsors
  #12    Top
Old March 19th, 2005, 06:09 AM
P-R-O-crastinator
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Just make sure you buy what you need. You will always want to upgrade later on so there is no sense in buying somthing just to get by for now.
This is true too no matter what any of us say...!

My Website
  #13    Top
Old March 19th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I will say this...Contrary to popular beleif, digital photography is in no way easier. I'd go so far as to say it's harder. It's more expensive also.
  #14    Top
Old March 19th, 2005, 07:05 AM
P-R-O-crastinator
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
It's more expensive also.
I wouldn't know about it being harder because of no experience in it but you sure hit the nail on the head with cost. (I think film "appears" to be easier to use, though....)

My Website
  #15    Top
Old March 19th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
From someone that uses both....film is a bit easier. Digital has a lot of things going on all at once, easy to forget something.
  #16    Top
Old March 19th, 2005, 04:27 PM
VIP Member
Digital is actually cheaper. I read the lower end dslrs are good for 10,000 shutter actions, cant think of the proper word, so assuming that, your paying like 2.5 times less for digital than with film, and thats not taking into consideration the film body and the scanner needed to bring them into the pc. You just pay for it all up front instead of over time.
  #17    Top
Old March 19th, 2005, 05:48 PM
P-R-O-crastinator
Other than the cost of my film (which isn't expensive if you buy in bulk), the only expense I have right now shooting film is the three bucks for getting my negs put onto a cd so I can put them on my computer. . (I'm cheap...wow, that didn't sound good....so I have to find the deals.....)

My Website
  #18    Top
Old March 19th, 2005, 05:55 PM
VIP Member
Who do you use to put the pictures onto a cd? Whats the mp of the files?

Unless you develop your own film, you still got the developing cost I believe. And I dont know anyone that develoeps thier own color film. :0)
  #19    Top
Old March 19th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Premiere Member
10,000 shutter actions? This doesn't seem like a whole lot. If that's the case I'll be buying a new one by the end of next month!!

Expense has to do a lot with how much you want to do on your own or have someone else do. Neither are cheap! lol
  #20    Top
Old March 19th, 2005, 06:22 PM
P-R-O-crastinator
Quote:
Who do you use to put the pictures onto a cd?
CVS Pharmacy (the one hour lab).

Quote:
Whats the mp of the files?
MP? I am not sure I know what this is. If it has anything to do with size or pixels then when I get my photo cd, the photo's are HUGE on it which will allow me to print larger scaled prints and still keep the resolution and integrity of the photo. I think the size of the image on the cd is about 14(+) x 16(+).

Quote:
Unless you develop your own film, you still got the developing cost I believe.
That is normally the case but this particular place does not charge anyone if they are just getting a cd. Most of the cost in this store for processing is if you get PRINTS out of it. I do not because I only get a couple good shots per roll.

My Website
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions