Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Closed Thread

#81    Top
Old June 18th, 2007, 05:12 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Man... that was torture... Little House on the Prairie... *shivers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I have submitted my entry but haven't received an email from Tim yet.
Sorry, confirmation emails coming within the hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samidget View Post
I haven't gotten my email yet either. Hope they went through ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carroll1 View Post
Mine's in! Just waiting for confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisticJS View Post
I sent mine in last night. Does Tim usually acknowledge an entry before or after the closing time? Hope everyone had fun with the challenge! THX-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenoran View Post
HA! Spicoli, you're getting the short end of the stick, if you have Tim captive. The prize is only worth around $130, but YOU have to incur the expense of feeding Tim (have you seen the cost of food lately?) and keeping him quiet (that would take a LOT of beer and new movie rentals, at the very least).

Give him back to us, and you'll be financially further ahead, even if you lose the contest.
Yeah, I need a lot of beer... I ain't no small dude PLUS I was a frat boy in college (and I'm Canadian)... trust me, it's expensive to get me drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Meh...he is pretty easy to look after. Beer, and re-runs of Little House on the Prarie keep him pretty quiet.
Now, however, I'm blind from watching Little House of the Prairie... think LHOTP meets Clockwork Orange.
  #82    Top
Old June 18th, 2007, 05:13 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
By the way, you have less than 2 hours to get your photos in. So none of you are late so far... can't you tell GMT time?
  #83    Top
Old June 18th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Oh my gosh, reading that was such a relief! I was a bit panicky (and feeling kind of dumb) when I got that email saying that I forgot the title.

Good thing I didn't wait to check my email!
Sponsors
  #84    Top
Old June 18th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Rufous hummingbird
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Sounds like you might need some deprogramming (grin). I'm glad to admit I only watched two episodes of LHOTP before swearing off it for good. You might also want to have your blood sugar levels checked after that experience.

Gail

A camera lets us see past our preconceptions to capture what, for that moment in time, IS.
  #85    Top
Old June 18th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L. Walker View Post
Man... that was torture... Little House on the Prairie... *shivers*
Now, however, I'm blind from watching Little House of the Prairie... think LHOTP meets Clockwork Orange.
Canadian beer will do that eh?
Visit me here..Room57
  #86    Top
Old June 19th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L. Walker View Post
... trust me, it's expensive to get me drunk.
Maybe we should try you on English Beer?

A pint of Theakston's Old Peculiar should sort you out!!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #87    Top
Old June 19th, 2007, 04:50 PM
The Corner Creator
I like a good Scottish beer... Mmmm.

Anyways, voting is going to start late because of the server issues... I'll keep you updated on the blog.
  #88    Top
Old June 20th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: My Blood!
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks for the information, Tim.

#89    Top
Old June 20th, 2007, 08:46 PM
The Corner Creator
Ok, voting will start in a couple of hours, so I'm going to close this thread.