Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old March 18th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Nice place to visit--I think I'll stay awhile

Hi! My name is Nita. My best friend's daughter, Heather (yes, I'm sure you all know her) turned me on to this site. What little I have seen of it is just totally incredible! Hmmmm.... a little about me. Well, I can be a little mischevious from time to time. (Heather and I have that in common). I have been playing around with photography for quite some time now and really enjoy it. I love hummingbirds and love photographing them along with many other things. I guess I'm an okay photographer, all I do know is I love to take pictures! When my oldest daughter got married, she told her husband to watch out because I would always be sneaking up with camera in hand. He has since found out she wasnt kidding. We took my two grandchildren to the zoo one afternoon. As usual I was snapping up a storm. My daughter was getting a little aggravated because we kept having to stop so I could get a shot. At one point she said "Hold on everybody. Mom forgot to take a picture of a rock over here"

I use to be a cosmetologist, but got waylaid by a few back surgeries. Now I just spoil my grandkids, Cody and Ashlyn and take pictures. I have always loved all kinds of crafts, so when my aunt got me into photography, I fell in love with it.

I have a Minolta X700 slr, a Canon EOS Rebel Ti and a Nikon Coolpix 775 Digital. I will say there is one thing I don't like about the digital. When I am taking a picture, I push the shutter button and the delay time is so bad that by the time the flash goes off everyone has left the room! (not really, but it is bad) My husband (God love him) wanted to get me a better digital for Christmas and got me the Canon EOS Rebel. He said I could take it back and exchange it, but I had wanted an autowind with all these other bells and whistles. So now, not only do I need a telephoto lense for this one, I still need a new digital.

I hope to make a lot of new friends here, and maybe even learn a little something about photography. I will end this now. I guess you all have noticed already that I can get a LITTLE longwinded. Hope you don't mind.
  #2    Top
Old March 18th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Another Heather advocate. LOL

Welcome to the board.
  #3    Top
Old March 18th, 2005, 09:29 PM
I expect to see a lot of Heather advocates. Thanks for the welcome
  #4    Top
Old March 18th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Just the Pool Man
Hello and welcome Nita!
  #5    Top
Old March 18th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the welcome
  #6    Top
Old March 18th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Babraham Lincoln
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
I see you have Heather's gift of gab!!! Glad to have you here girl.
  #7    Top
Old March 18th, 2005, 10:43 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Welcome to the Corner!
  #8    Top
Old March 18th, 2005, 10:55 PM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
hi and welcome
  #9    Top
Old March 19th, 2005, 07:52 AM
LIV-N 4 GR8 FOTO OPS
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Welcome, Nita. Maybe we'll get a chance to talk more often here. I'm glad you joind.

Pretty soon, you're going to have send some of those beautiful sunset, sunrise photos you've taken.
  #10    Top
Old March 19th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Welcome to the Corner.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions