Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Articles

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old March 27th, 2005, 12:48 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Photography Filters

Article: Photography Filters by ohenry

Thanks for a great article and explanation of photography filters, Carl!
  #2    Top
Old March 27th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Great article Carl.
  #3    Top
Old March 27th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Nikon 4 Life
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks Carl, great article
Nikkor 300mm f4
1.4 TC
  #4    Top
Old March 28th, 2005, 06:37 AM
P-R-O-crastinator
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Very good. I was wondering why my polarizer had the little "turny thingy" on it. (Not sure if I still quite understand it's use but at least I have one now and can learn as I use it more....).

Thanks Carl for the article. Lots of great info!!!!

My Website
  #5    Top
Old March 28th, 2005, 08:04 AM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
After placing the polarizer on the lens, look through the viewfinder and turn the polarizer ring to change how weak or strong you want the effect to be. You will see the results in your viewfinder. The maximum glare reduction effect is obtained when you are shooting at a 90 degree angle from the sun.
  #6    Top
Old March 28th, 2005, 08:18 AM
P-R-O-crastinator
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
After placing the polarizer on the lens, look through the viewfinder and turn the polarizer ring to change how weak or strong you want the effect to be. You will see the results in your viewfinder. The maximum glare reduction effect is obtained when you are shooting at a 90 degree angle from the sun.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh...okay. I shot some yesterday of some geese in the water so maybe I will be able to tell how it was set when I get the shots back. I used it also to shoot some daffodils that were sooooo pretty so we shall see how they turn out. Photo lab's machince broke yesterday so I have to wait until they call to get my picture cd's. UUURRRGGG...this is definitely the worst thing about shooting film....W-A-I-T-I-N-G...(usually though I only have to wait an hour .) I'll post them for advice when I get them back. Can't wait to see the difference in shooting with a "big ole lens" with a polarizer!!!!

My Website
  #7    Top
Old April 11th, 2005, 09:28 PM
ok where can i find this list on filters?

Amyd
  #8    Top
Old April 11th, 2005, 09:32 PM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Amy, there's a wealth of information in the Photography Resources Corner of this forum. This article, as well as many other very imformative pieces of information, is available for your use.

To read this particular article, click the link in the first post of this thread.
  #9    Top
Old April 11th, 2005, 09:34 PM
thanks i noticed that after i asked

Amyd
  #10    Top
Old April 14th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Hello:

This is a good article, specially the last part of it where it talks about light compensation according to each filter steps.
I'd like to learn more about light compensation when using filters. Do you have any suggestions on where I can fin some more information??

Thanks

Loco
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Articles