Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Caption Contests

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Caption Contest #83

THE 2007 CAPTION CONTEST

ROUND #83

Itís simple! Post a caption in relation to the image provided.
The winner will have the honour of choosing next weekís image.

*Note!! All photos submitted must be the property of the member submitting them! One

other option is to acquire a photo from a free photo sharing site like this:

http://www.sxc.hu

The winner will be announced on or around 27 August 2007 (Or whenever Dave is back)

If you post a caption, please check back on the 27th to see if you won!

This weekís caption contest image is.....

Thanks to Jobet for the photo, and also special congrats to Gaw and Jobet, joint winners of last rounds Caption contest
  #2    Top
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Toby1
" ... 98 ... 99 ... 100! Ready or not, here I come!"
  #3    Top
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:14 PM
My personal opinion is that this photo should not be used for this contest. Barbed wire fences hurt when a horse gets stuck with one and it rips their skin. Sometimes it takes weeks for those cuts to heal. There is absolutely nothing humorous about this photo in my opinion. Carry on.
  #4    Top
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Toby1
Southern Man, while I agree 100% with your sentiment, I don't think this photo is a problem. The horse does not appear to be in pain. There is no blood and no evident injury. And, while I do not know the poster, I very seriously doubt if she would have offered up a photo that showed a animal in distress or discomfort. JMHO.
  #5    Top
Old August 16th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Light Seeker
Recent Photo: Purple Macro 3
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I submitted the photo Southern Rain. Thanks for your concern. This horse, Lady, and several other horses live right next door to my home. I do not own them. She is actually rubbing on the post, not the barbed wire, and does it all the time without injury, as they all do. My family and friends spend hours enjoying these friendly horses. If ever we see an injury of any sort we will immediately report it to the owners. If it were my choice, the barbed wire would not be there at all.

#6    Top
Old August 16th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Light Seeker
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Gaw thank you so much for your comment. You are so right. I would never dream of doing anything like that. I would be horrified to even see such a thing, much less photo and post such a situation.

BTW, I so love your signature line!!

#7    Top
Old August 16th, 2007, 09:57 AM
AHHH. Sorry I butted in. Hope Lady never gets too close.
  #8    Top
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Light Seeker
I don't consider your valid concerns butting in at all. I truly hope she and the other horses are never harmed by that wire either. You've actually made me more aware, and for that I thank you.

#9    Top
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Winter Sunset
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
"Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Right there! Aaaaah!"

Canon 7D~Canon Digital Rebel XT ~ Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS ~ Tamron 28-75mm ~ Canon 50mm prime~ Sigma 17-70 ~ Canon 18-55mm ~ Canon 75-300mm

http://www.visions-imagery.com/
  #10    Top
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Light Seeker
. . . 98 . . . 99 . . .100! OK Mable, here I c-o-m-e, ready or not!!

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Caption Contests