Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 1st, 2007, 03:29 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Soulhouette

We were shooting a TV commercial in an old dark factory outside Istanbul (last month) and some sun rays hit my team mate in the face...

Hold it!! (I shamelessly yelled!) LOL

The first is the original, the 2nd is the same shot almost turned into an illustration with just a tiny touch on the Levels!

Hope you like these. Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Soulhouette 1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	54109  Click image for larger version

Name:	Soulhouette 2.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	54110  

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #2    Top
Old September 1st, 2007, 03:45 PM
Silent Screamer
Recent Photo: Mr. Confused
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Can I give you fifty stars for this one??? I think in your people stuff, this is my favorite ever, it is so beautiful, your exposure is so perfect, the hat makes this phenomenal, that thin line of light tells a thousand stories on the outline of his face. I could go on and on because I really, really LOVE this image, faisal, you've gone beyond 'star'dom now, you're getting up there with galaxy!

EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT FROM FAR AWAY
  #3    Top
Old September 1st, 2007, 03:56 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Terri, as always you are too kind. Thank you so much.

You can give me 50 stars terri, but one from you is more than enough. 20 years from now, I'd still seek your approval and hope you'd still give me some of those generous stars.

#4    Top
Old September 1st, 2007, 09:20 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Toby1
Wow, fa1sal ... that image is OUTSTANDING. The "fix" you did moves it into a whole new realm.

You're so lucky ... with most of the people I work with, if someone yelled "Hold it1" they'd put their hands in the air and say "Don't shoot! Don't shoot!"
  #5    Top
Old September 2nd, 2007, 02:14 AM
Premiere Member
LOL. That's very funny!

Thanks a lot, gaw, for your visit and wonderful comments. Really happy you guys liked this one. Cheers

#6    Top
Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:42 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Faisal - your work is always exceptional but every now and then you bring a truly awe inspiring piece of work to the table.

And this is one of them.

I am very, very glad that you don't live in this country and hence you were barred from entry into the "ourlives" competition - I wouldn't have stood a chance!

Sir, keep up the fantastic work - this is a real killer.

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #7    Top
Old September 2nd, 2007, 09:37 AM
Premiere Member
Thank you so much, Sir Andy. This is truly appreciated.

I'm sure there are hundreds and thousands of fantastic photographers in the UK. If those couldn't stop you, nor will I!

Cheers, Andy

Sponsors
  #8    Top
Old September 2nd, 2007, 09:43 AM
A Totally Awesome Guy
Recent Photo: Purple
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Awesome work Faisal! Your timing here was perfect. In my opinion, one of your best yet.

Thanks!
  #9    Top
Old September 2nd, 2007, 11:43 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Pure and utter class! Love it

Simple and very well delivered.

L

"This is the true joy in life, being used for a purpose identified by yourself as a mighty one"
George Bernard Shaw
  #10    Top
Old September 2nd, 2007, 01:59 PM
Premiere Member
Thank you so much, Scott and Lorraine. Really appreciated.

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things