Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Landscape
Oh god, its saturday!!!!

Hi All,

I havent posted in a long while. Hope you are all well, must catch up on the lovely photos you have all be taking.

Just needed some advice, words of reassurance or just anything as I dont know whether you remember this thread:

http://www.photographycorner.com/for...ad.php?t=50704

Well the wedding, its this saturday. As in the day after tomorrow!! Oh dear lord help me!!!

All I have is my 400D, my 18-55 and 70-300 and my macro (not gonna need that). I have my tripod and 3GB of memory, 2 batteries and alot of nerves. I am so worried I am going to mess it up....

Help!!

Nik
  #2    Top
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Photography wise, I cannot help you, I havn't the faintest first idea on how this works. However, I can wish you the very very best of luck! I'm sure you will do fine!
  #3    Top
Old September 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Good luck to you...stay focused(("can't believe i said that") Your going to do great.
  #4    Top
Old September 6th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
you'll be great!

keep smiling.

don't fret.

get a release form signed so we can see 'em!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #5    Top
Old September 7th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: Look of Love - 2
I read the previous post that you provided the link for. It sounds like the perfect wedding to start with. If I am not mistaken, it doesn't sound like a big wedding party or anything, so there are less people to try to pose all at once and you know pretty much everyone. Both points mean less confusion and such. I am sure you will do great, especially if you have done some homework. My wife and I are actually doing a wedding tomorrow as well. Unfortunately for us, the brides mother is dead set against us doing it. She wanted someone with more experience. In fact, she withdrew her offer to pay for the photographer if they went with is. The couple paid us themselves. It should be intresting. We are going to the rehersal dinner tonight to get a feel for the area and to get to know some of te people ahead of time (and hopefully build some report ).

Good luck and Congrats on your first wedding.
  #6    Top
Old September 7th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by youker View Post
I read the previous post that you provided the link for. It sounds like the perfect wedding to start with. If I am not mistaken, it doesn't sound like a big wedding party or anything, so there are less people to try to pose all at once and you know pretty much everyone. Both points mean less confusion and such. I am sure you will do great, especially if you have done some homework. My wife and I are actually doing a wedding tomorrow as well. Unfortunately for us, the brides mother is dead set against us doing it. She wanted someone with more experience. In fact, she withdrew her offer to pay for the photographer if they went with is. The couple paid us themselves. It should be intresting. We are going to the rehersal dinner tonight to get a feel for the area and to get to know some of te people ahead of time (and hopefully build some report ).

good luck!

take your stab proof vest with you!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #7    Top
Old September 7th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: Look of Love - 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof42 View Post
good luck!

take your stab proof vest with you!

Andy
LOL!!!!! Thanks.
  #8    Top
Old September 7th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by youker View Post

After reading your post i just wanted to say GOOD LUCK.Show the mother of the bride that her daughter made the right decision.Keep us posted.
  #9    Top
Old September 7th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
was reading that thread and i do believe the first response was "breathe and relax" and so you should
go in there with you're head held up high with all you're knowledge of photography - taking everything as it comes, take control and communicate

ive never done anything like that but i think that bit of advice could go for anything you are nervous about going into.

you will do great - enjoy the day
  #10    Top
Old September 9th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Landscape
Photos (all 31 of them) posted in the wedding section!!!!