Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 9th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Red Bellied Woodpecker

I think.. I am half way ashamed to post this picture, but here it is anyway. I know I probably made a real mess of it. The org. was very dark, and a little out of focus.

Quantaray 70-300mm F4-5.6 Lens

My dogs are not spoiled...I'm just well trained..!!
  #2    Top
Old September 9th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Blue Angels 2009
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Hey Vickie, it's not that bad, though I'd like to see the original. I think the bird is fairly well in focus, it just seems that the background is a overexposed.

I've never captured one of these before so it's one more than I've ever got

It's a beauty of a bird isn't it?
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old September 9th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks...here you go, It's not the same, but it's one just like it, see what you can do with it...please..

#4    Top
Old September 10th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Rufous hummingbird
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Sorry for butting in, but how is this, Vickie?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hummers009-1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	54520  

Gail

A camera lets us see past our preconceptions to capture what, for that moment in time, IS.
  #5    Top
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Thanks Gail, butt in anytime, and the pic looks great..thank you. Now can you tell me what I did wrong in taking the picture in the 1st place. As you can tell it was a very shady area. Lighting was not all the great.

Thanks again.

#6    Top
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Rufous hummingbird
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks, Vickie. Using flash is the only way I know to brighten it at the time of taking a photo, and that's not always possible, especially when the bird is high up in a tree. The flash's effects might not be effective at that distance, and you only get one shot before the bird is startled and flies away.

Gail

A camera lets us see past our preconceptions to capture what, for that moment in time, IS.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things