Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old October 15th, 2007, 03:27 PM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Seasonl Changes

Changes
  #2    Top
Old October 15th, 2007, 06:13 PM
SuperCamel
Photograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quite an interesting take on an oft-visited topic.
I think it would look a bit better if you lowered the brightness a bit.
http://younesbounhar.com/blog

'LIFE IS A JOURNEY, NOT A DESTINATION'
  #3    Top
Old October 15th, 2007, 07:09 PM
By His Grace
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
You're right. It does look a bit too bright on the web.
  #4    Top
Old October 15th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I like this shot. The color of the leaves is really contrasted nicely by the background wall. It would be interesting to see a version where the grey-brown color of the blocks continued a bit further down the wall. The red/purple leaves on the ground are quite striking.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #5    Top
Old October 15th, 2007, 08:50 PM
By His Grace
I went back and refinished the RAW and increased the contrast a bit. I like this better...not as bright and the leaves look a bit cleaner.

#6    Top
Old October 15th, 2007, 09:05 PM
SuperCamel
Photograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
much better indeed!
http://younesbounhar.com/blog

'LIFE IS A JOURNEY, NOT A DESTINATION'
Sponsors
  #7    Top
Old October 16th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
yup, I agree the second version is a lot stronger.

I wasn't entirely sold on the frame on the first either, truth be told.

Good colours and the contrast against the wall is good.

But could I be so bold as to suggest a small additional crop (or gentle bit of cloning) to lose the kerb at the bottom right?

Other than that, cracking image for this time of year.

Did you only take the one? I would have liked to see some different angles on this. It'd be nice to have a shot without the pillar on the right hand side of the image but I'm not certain whether it would weaken the shot by it not being there . . .

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #8    Top
Old October 16th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Winter Sunset
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
The second one is much better. The contrast of colors against the brick wall are much more prominent. Can't wait for the colors to start changing here.

Canon 7D~Canon Digital Rebel XT ~ Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS ~ Tamron 28-75mm ~ Canon 50mm prime~ Sigma 17-70 ~ Canon 18-55mm ~ Canon 75-300mm

http://www.visions-imagery.com/
  #9    Top
Old October 16th, 2007, 09:52 AM
By His Grace
Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Andy, I did take one other shot, but it didn't include the sidewalk and the overall composition was weak. Due to surrounding backgrounds, I wasn't really able to alter my angle too much without including parked cars or newspaper vending machines. The curb is an issue in the web image. I just didn't bother to crop anything, which wouldn't be the case for a printed copy. As a web frame, I would agree that a textured matte isn't the best for display purposes, but I will often add one so that I can visualize the final print and matte combination.
  #10    Top
Old October 16th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Lovin this one Carl. The colours are amazing. Great eye man.
Visit me here..Room57
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things