Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old December 12th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Elite VIP Member
Recent Photo: Holy Trinity Church
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Urban Decay

I have been past this site several times, this weekend I went down with the camera. A man walking his dog was taking great interest in what I was doing. Sure he thought I was up to no good

#2    Top
Old December 12th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Premiere Member
The color shots are very good, but my favorite shots are the b/w. They give the scene a different feel,somewhat of a tired look, much moreso than the color shots IMO.
  #3    Top
Old December 12th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Winter Sunset
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I too prefer the mono shots. It gives places more mood in the distruction of the old buildings. It always amazes me that people just let these places go.

Canon 7D~Canon Digital Rebel XT ~ Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS ~ Tamron 28-75mm ~ Canon 50mm prime~ Sigma 17-70 ~ Canon 18-55mm ~ Canon 75-300mm

http://www.visions-imagery.com/
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old December 12th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Wow...I love this place. I could hang out here for a while. Great shooting Nige. I too prefer the black and white shots. Really creates a mood.
Visit me here..Room57
  #5    Top
Old December 12th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Nice series of shots, Nige. There are a lot of interesting buildings captured here. And you've certainly conveyed the feeling of urban decay. The black and white certainly gives a certain moody feel. But the color shots help to emphasize that these are in the present, remnants of better, happier days.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #6    Top
Old December 13th, 2007, 02:45 AM
Elite VIP Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks again Carl,dbmorgan66, Mario and Shellie for the very kind comments.
Nige
  #7    Top
Old December 13th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: DSC_0098
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
This is a fantastic place. I'd be a kid in a candy store here lol

Wonderful series Nige..agree the mono images set a mood, but the colour on that building is awesome. Did you go in for any close up comps?

A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement. Bo Bennett
---------------------

Yep, this is my Smug!
  #8    Top
Old December 13th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Elite VIP Member
Thanks for the lovely comments Jenn. I did get some close up compsas well but still have to sort through them. I have joined an online photo school and took these for an assignment on b&w images.
I agree that the b&w images have more mood and impact, but I also wanted to show the original colours of the buildings.
Nige
  #9    Top
Old December 14th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Elite Member
Well, I guess I will be in the minority here, but I think the color shots work better than the B&W, especially the third one.

And this is coming from a B&W guy.

Nice work on all of them.
  #10    Top
Old December 14th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Elite VIP Member
Thanks Rick, I really appreciate your comments
Nige