Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old December 30th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Wide

This was my first trip out with my new sigma 10-20mm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wide1.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	58324  Click image for larger version

Name:	wide2.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	353.0 KB
ID:	58325  Click image for larger version

Name:	Wide3.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	489.0 KB
ID:	58326  

The word photo is derived from the Greek word for light. Graph means to draw. Photography literally means, "Drawing with Light"
  #2    Top
Old December 30th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Junior VIP Member
These shots are amazing. I love the colours and angles at which you took them. The patterns they create are brilliant. Well done!
  #3    Top
Old December 30th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: DSC_0098
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Fantastic Leith!! The first two images are stunning and I like the perspective on the 3rd. Excellent stuff!

A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement. Bo Bennett
---------------------

Yep, this is my Smug!
  #4    Top
Old December 30th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Absolutely outstanding images! I really like the 1st and last shot. Beautiful perspective on all of these. Well done, Leith!

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #5    Top
Old January 1st, 2008, 04:34 PM
These are awesome photos! Great work.
  #6    Top
Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:19 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
These photos are awesome...love the prespective you chose for these shots...well done.
  #7    Top
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Fantastic shot! That lens is in good hands for sure!

Love everything about the first shot. And the amazing mood and colors on the last one. Great work

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #8    Top
Old January 3rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
SuperCamel
Photograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I have a feeling you have a new favorite toy in your bag .
Superb shots, numbers 1 and 3 are my faves. Really superb!
http://younesbounhar.com/blog

'LIFE IS A JOURNEY, NOT A DESTINATION'
  #9    Top
Old January 4th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Great perspectives and color, are these HDR?
  #10    Top
Old January 7th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Thanks all! The lens is a definite favorite. I've got a whole new perspective on the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhofmann View Post
Great perspectives and color, are these HDR?
These aren't HDR. They are RAW files that I tweaked with adobe lightroom. The first one is basically a preset called 300v2 I downloaded from the adobe website. The second is another preset called Tico Hamburg Funky Twist. For the third, I used a preset to solarize it (flip the tone curve). I then took the blacks from 100 to zero, and then maxed out fill light. On all of them I tinkered with the settings some after using the preset.

The word photo is derived from the Greek word for light. Graph means to draw. Photography literally means, "Drawing with Light"
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things