Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Closed Thread

#1    Top
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Contest Corner Challenge #45: Musical Visualizations

Title: Contest Corner Challenge #45: Musical Visualizations

End Date: 11:59pm GMT, Monday, February 4th, 2008.

Sponsor: SnapTotes.com - Custom photo handbags for yourself or your customers. Both retail and wholesale programs available.

Prizes: If the winner is a Premiere Member, they will receive a $150 Gift Certificate towards any products at SnapTotes.com and 5 of the New PhotographyCorner.com Pens. If the winner is not a Premiere Member, they will receive a $100 Gift Certificate towards any products at SnapTotes.com.

Description: If you want to enter a photograph in this contest, you'll have to start thinking with your ears. This contest is pretty wide open, as long as your photograph has something to do with music - whether it's sheet music, an instrument, a CD, speakers, someone singing, an iPod, a record, whatever... if your photograph = music, then you've got yourself an entry.

CCC Guidelines. To read the guidelines, please visit here: Contest Corner Rules & Regulations. Please be sure to read these guidelines carefully before submitting your photograph. Any photographs submitted that do not adhere to these guidelines will be rejected and sent back.
  #2    Top
Old January 22nd, 2008, 04:28 PM
Junior VIP Member
Hmm, I feel like this one is gonna be tough. I mean, music is all around us... but making a good photo out of it... I dunno. We'll see!
  #3    Top
Old January 22nd, 2008, 11:54 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Just take a cool photo of a piano or an iPod or something... speaker clusters make good photos too.... and those are just the things I can see in my office!
  #4    Top
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
The problem is, iPods are getting so small we're going to have to use macro lenses now! LOL

Just kidding. Another great challenge!

Does it have to be obvious? or can we shoot something that has the mood of music (i.e. dancing light trails, blurred lights, etc)?

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #5    Top
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:36 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Double Bubble
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Another interesting one Tim. How do you come up with all of these ideas??
  #6    Top
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:07 PM
Hippy Chick
Recent Photo: 102_3756
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
awesome contest.. I bet I will see lots of great shots in this one.. Rosie
  #7    Top
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:30 PM
The Corner Creator
Quote:
Originally Posted by fa1sal View Post
The problem is, iPods are getting so small we're going to have to use macro lenses now! LOL

Just kidding. Another great challenge!

Does it have to be obvious? or can we shoot something that has the mood of music (i.e. dancing light trails, blurred lights, etc)?
Hmmm... I'd say not too abstract.... it depends on how well you could pull it off, I suppose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucipaz View Post
Another interesting one Tim. How do you come up with all of these ideas??
Hehe... I just hit my head on my desk repeatedly until something comes to mind.
  #8    Top
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Mallets
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Well this one should be easy for me considering I am a music teacher... We'll have to see what I come up with. Good luck to all. I could do this challenge for ever!
  #9    Top
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
Junior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Day Lily and Ant
Quote:
Originally Posted by wohlerperc View Post
Well this one should be easy for me considering I am a music teacher... We'll have to see what I come up with. Good luck to all. I could do this challenge for ever!
We're in the same boat! Music is the thread that binds my life. I know the challenge for me will be to avoid cliche and find the 'new cover' for an old standard. This should be fun ! .
  #10    Top
Old January 23rd, 2008, 06:17 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Mallets
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakFreak View Post
We're in the same boat! Music is the thread that binds my life. I know the challenge for me will be to avoid cliche and find the 'new cover' for an old standard. This should be fun !
Great to hear! Good luck finding the "new and never seen before" music shot. I think it will be touch because there is so much out there to choose from but will look forward to what everyone finds.