Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old January 27th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Solitary

Hello all,
Yes I know Im FINALLY posting some more pictures.
No worries I just went to Montreal and have something like 5oo+ pictures to sort through now so I will be posting quite a bit more lol.
Anyways these shots were taken at the airport of this woman just sitting staring out the window totally oblivious to her surroundings and the insane environment that is an air port. Just seemed so weird to see such a calm, focused woman in a crazy airport. She seemed sad, almost like she was watching someone she loved leave on the planes taking off.
Hope you enjoy and please give me all the feedback you wish, I wont have hurt feelings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Solitary.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	59689  Click image for larger version

Name:	Solitary2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	59690  
  #2    Top
Old January 27th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Old Fogey
Recent Photo: Stormy Pasture
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I like the perspective and "feel" of the second one!

H.W.Rife

Just some old "Nikon" stuff!

There are no stupid questions....only stupid assumptions.

He who dies with the most "Toys"...wins!
  #3    Top
Old January 27th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Premiere Member
Thanks HRIFE
  #4    Top
Old January 27th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Flower Seed Head
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I LOVE that second picture. The tone, the perspective...it's a wonderfully creative, artistic shot. You really get the feel that you are in an airport, and you really get this feel of traveling. I like how the woman seems like she is really far away...like she's off in her own little world (which, from your description, she kind of is). That's a great picture.

"If you really want to hurt your parents, go into the arts."
-Kurt Vonnegut

My blog
My Facebook page
Connect with me on Twitter @nicoleannstpaul
  #5    Top
Old January 27th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Mallets
These are great! I love how the first one has a lot of space taken up by empty seats. It adds to the solitude. The second one is marvelous as well, the slight angle and the woman far off in her world. Its great! Can't wait to see more of them!
  #6    Top
Old January 27th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I like the 2nd one a lot....there is no end to the reason one might think of as to why she is sitting alone just staring out the window...a photograph is to tell a story ...this one sure does...great job.
  #7    Top
Old January 27th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Premiere Member
Wow! You all just made my day, right there with all these amazing comments! . I never thought Id get such good feedback with these shots. Im so glad you guys like them.
Thanks CornflakeGirl, wohlerperc, and digital2006, your comments /compliments are greatly appreciated
  #8    Top
Old January 31st, 2008, 03:54 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Great contrast in the first, love the composition! reminds me of the long waits in the airports.
  #9    Top
Old January 31st, 2008, 06:19 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I would agree with all the comments so far. I like the silhouette in the first picture. It gives the hint of someone being there without giving you many details - much like you get when you see a stranger and wonder what his/her story is. I must also agree that the composition of that 2nd photo is absolutely wonderful. It's a unique angle that gives a fresh perspective on 'waiting' by yourself. Very nicely done.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #10    Top
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:51 PM
Premiere Member
Hey thanks Nikon, its nice to hear such uplifting and positive comments