Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > The Corner Blog

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:04 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Cool... looks like we have some takers! Hopefully we can get at least a couple dozen on board...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa1sal View Post
Sounds like a great idea, but what type of messages/words are we talking?
We would just supply the letters... people could spell out whatever words they want. I have 2 words up in my house (wife's idea). One is "JOY" and one is "LUV". I made one up for my dad as well - it spells "UBC" as he's a prof @ the University of British Columbia. You can obviously spell longer words, but the longer the word, the harder it is to frame them. I've seen ones like "FAMILY" and people's names, etc, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAY View Post
I'll donate some images. I'd rather do that than give blood. Do you want images of the letters or do you want words already spelled out ? Thi onley resaon I ask is spelingg isn't won uf mi strong suites.
Just the letters... people would pick and choose to spell out whatever words they want.
  #12    Top
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Rufous hummingbird
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Unfortunately, I've never seen anything that looks like a letter (or I'm not observant enough). But if I ever see one and have a camera with me, I'll definitely donate it.

Tim ...

Does it have to be alphabetography? What if each of us donates a few of our best photos (and not sell it anywhere else) to the Corner, and those go for sale? That way, it's not so restrictive and might find a much wider market. Just a thought ...

All the best,

Gail (aka Glenoran)

Gail

A camera lets us see past our preconceptions to capture what, for that moment in time, IS.
  #13    Top
Old February 25th, 2008, 01:09 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Yeah, that's something we may be able to do as well... we tried setting something like that up a while back, but it never caught on... I'll keep that in mind too.
  #14    Top
Old February 27th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: waterfall2
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I couldn't find squat when we did the Alphabetography CCC, though I will be happy to keep my eyes open and donate when I can. However, if you decide to broaden the scope for other photos, I'd be happy to submit my garden photos this coming spring/summer. That is the one place I can make my photos shine and I'd be very pleased to share those to help support the corner.
  #15    Top
Old February 27th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Flower Seed Head
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I will be happy to keep this in mind and donate what I can. I've been needing some inspiration...

"If you really want to hurt your parents, go into the arts."
-Kurt Vonnegut

My blog
My Facebook page
Connect with me on Twitter @nicoleannstpaul
  #16    Top
Old February 27th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Rufous hummingbird
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Tim,

If you decide to broaden it to some "best photos", my specialty is bird pictures. Most are taken at the bird feeders on our porch, so they're large close-ups, including interaction shots such as feeding a young or male mate-attracting displays, etc. Also, I'm getting more and more photos taken "in the field".

If you do decide to accumulate "best of" photos, feel free to browse through my Birds photos (sorted by species) at http://glenoran.smugmug.com/Birds, let me know which ones you want and I'll send them to you at full size, and make them non-purchaseable from my SmugMug site.

Gail

A camera lets us see past our preconceptions to capture what, for that moment in time, IS.
Sponsors
  #17    Top
Old February 27th, 2008, 11:33 AM
The Corner Creator
Cool!
  #18    Top
Old February 27th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
A PhotographyCorner alphabet resource! Way cool. I'm in...

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #19    Top
Old February 29th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Recent Photo: Pretty pink
I never saw letters in objects either until I saw the pictures in the previous challenge. Now I look all the time and actually "spelled" a word yesterday while at the laundromat and TOOK the pictures I needed, so count me in!
When and where do we send?
Cathy

Owned my new Canon Rebel XS for a week now..or should I say I've been owned by it? LOL

Cathy
  #20    Top
Old February 29th, 2008, 01:00 PM
The Corner Creator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy~o View Post
I never saw letters in objects either until I saw the pictures in the previous challenge. Now I look all the time and actually "spelled" a word yesterday while at the laundromat and TOOK the pictures I needed, so count me in!
When and where do we send?
Cathy
I'll let you know... keep your eyes peeled.