Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#21    Top
Old July 21st, 2008, 01:24 PM
Elite Member
It looks like I am going to Chicago in a couple weeks. I have never been there before and unfortunately the Cubs will be out of town. Can anybody tell me which spots I absolutely have to visit with my camera while I am there? Keep in mind I will be in training most of the day so I will most likely be in the city in early early morning and in the late afternoon/evening.
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 macro
Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6
Nikon Speedlight SB-600
  #22    Top
Old August 10th, 2008, 12:09 AM
VIP Member
Recent Photo: Ouch!
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Im here in Las Vegas. My only suggestion is to find a different place to shoot. There's nothing here photographic.

But, if you simply insist on coming here, feel free to ask me, I may be helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FremontEast.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	66376  
Manfrotto 190CXPro4
Sponsors
  #23    Top
Old August 10th, 2008, 10:46 AM
suggestions

Hi Can't really think of anywhere been too many years. but maybe early AM shots upward to the tops of the buildings and beore sunset.
  #24    Top
Old August 10th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBSmiles View Post
Im here in Las Vegas. My only suggestion is to find a different place to shoot. There's nothing here photographic.

But, if you simply insist on coming here, feel free to ask me, I may be helpful.
i was on that street :o lol!

the main strip might be a nice spot to take some night shots of all the colours, but remembering being there it was jammers.
The balagio casion (if i spelt that right) has that fountain thing that they do.
  #25    Top
Old August 10th, 2008, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Recent Photo: Ouch!
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by grif04 View Post
i was on that street :o lol!

the main strip might be a nice spot to take some night shots of all the colours, but remembering being there it was jammers.
The balagio casion (if i spelt that right) has that fountain thing that they do.
Yeah, it's pretty busy all year long. Best to come in during the off seasons if you really want good photos.

At night there are a couple events. Theres a volcano, the fountain. Ti aka Treasure Island has a pretty cool event with pirates guns 'shooting' off ect. outdoors and totally free also, though quite hard finding an angle to shoot unless you are aiming to capture the boats in a close and unique way.

The lesser known places are what interest me, and perhaps because I have yet to explore them myself Red Rock is one of them. You can also take a helecopter ride for 100 bucks to arizona and back or around the city. Springs Preserve I thought would be interesting, and is BUT it's a desert, and most of it isn't all that photogenic anyway. ( though never did go in the building, which was probably far more interesting )

Heres something funny. I was looking at a newsprint that is here in
with some dude that had photographed some of the more Ironic scenes off-strip found in vegas ( yeah theres some pretty creative people here ) One of those scenes I had intended to shoot myself when I saw it, but from a different angle. but didn't have my camera with me at the time.
( I may still take a crack at it,and others of interest as his photography rather sucked compositionaly )
Manfrotto 190CXPro4
  #26    Top
Old September 22nd, 2008, 11:25 PM
Recent Photo: Solitude
Outdoor Bridal Photography Locations in Rochester NY

I'll be traveling to Rochester, NY from Wisconsin to shoot a wedding on the 11th of October. The wedding will be held at the Rochester Crown Plaza. Can anyone here tell me of any nice or cool outdoor places where I may be able to photograph the bridal party. I am hoping for nice weather and I don't want to limit myself to just the hotel.
Thanks in advance
Mark
  #27    Top
Old October 3rd, 2008, 08:00 PM
Underwater Guy
Recent Photo: Ahihi 03
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Going to come to Maui?

I can't afford to do vacations much so I likely won't be checking this thread very often. So, if someone is planning a trip to Maui, please ask here, then let me know so I can answer here for all. I have been on Maui many years and can help with finding lots of photogenic areas both above water and below.

I have also been to Fiji, Sipadan Island (Malaysia), and Bonaire.

"If it sounds good, it is good." Duke Ellington

~ Maui Underwater Photography Workshops ~
~ Reeflections Gallery ~ fine art photography prints
~ Island Magic ~ the DVD
  #28    Top
Old October 15th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I'm gonna be heading to Myrtle Beach, SC from Nov. 7th-10th if anyone knows of any good spots. I've been down there once for a weekend since it is only a 2 1/2 hour drive from where I am now. I never took the camera so I didn't explore much.
  #29    Top
Old November 3rd, 2008, 02:26 AM
Switzerland, France and England

I'm heading over to Basel mid december till christmas time, and will be travelling up the mountains around mortreux, then onto paris and then england, and tips from locals of good places too shoot??
  #30    Top
Old November 3rd, 2008, 03:14 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Cranes before sunrise
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
First about Basel:
-The main railway station with sculptures of artist Jean Tinguely and Nicky de Saint Phalle
-The Tinguely museum
-The Basel zoo and the Basel botanic garden
-... this is my total favorite place: Vitra Design Museum. The main building was designed by architect Frank Gery, but also other star architects designed buildings on the museum areal: Tadao Ando, Citterio, Grimshaw, Hadid and Siza - a heaven for architecture photographers. The museum is not in Basel itself, it is in "Weil am Rhein", a German city, just a few kilometers from Basel- you can reach it by bus...

Outside of Basel: If you are into landscape photography you have to make some trips to the Swiss alps there are some amazing places there. Ask Daphna (aka "la pazza" for some insider tips). Ask her also about shooting places in Montreux, she lives not far from there.
When you are in the alps, be sure to take some panos...
hope this helps

zaplig