Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 15th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Wisom Teeth

Hi all,

I post this is a very painful situation. I just got my wisdom teeth removed today. Its not pleasant to say the least. I was awake through the whole thing. And now my jaw is very sore and my mouth is bloody. Just wanted to let everyone know what was happening.
Hope your all well
  #2    Top
Old May 15th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Junior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Day Lily and Ant
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ClicK* View Post
Hi all,

I post this is a very painful situation. I just got my wisdom teeth removed today. Its not pleasant to say the least. I was awake through the whole thing. And now my jaw is very sore and my mouth is bloody. Just wanted to let everyone know what was happening.
Hope your all well
It's easy to forget that for many people, having their wisdom teeth pulled/cut out is an uncomfortable surgery. Hopefully, by next week it will all be a distant, fuzzy memory and your teeth will bother you no more!

I'm a singer, and a trained singer get's a lot of sympathetic vibrations/resonance going on in her sinuses, face bones, teeth, etc. I was in rehearsal for a professional show the day after having some wisdom teeth removed. I went to sing a high note and the resulting pain dropped me like a sack of wet cement. It was very funny and we all laughed. Laughing hurt too. The same thing happened to another soprano friend of mine, she passed out. It's surgery. It takes your body awhile to recover. Hope you feel better soon.
  #3    Top
Old May 15th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
thanks Kayak

Yeah dont worry Im planning on being a couch potato for the next couple days for sure. Im just icing it so I dont look like a chipmunk
  #4    Top
Old May 15th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: waterfall2
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I can totally sympathize with you. I had mine out last month. Went in to have one done and left with all four done. On the up side, I was knocked out for it. However, about 20 minutes after it was done, I was in a lot of pain. Took lots of vicodin for about the first week and my mouth didn't feel fully back to normal for about 3 weeks. Things just didn't seem to fit like they did before. I'm finally back to normal and am glad to say that I'm glad I'll never have to do it again! Hope yours heals soon and doesn't cause you too much discomfort!
  #5    Top
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Elite Member
Hope you feel better soon.

I know when I had my 8 wisdom teeth cut out when I was 16 my mouth hurt real bad for a couple of days. Then there were the stiches that felt weird.

Luckily I was knocked out when they took mine, and my husband was also knocked out for his.

Madness

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"
  #6    Top
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: First-day-of-school
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Ouch! That's not fun at all no,lol I had all mine taken out years ago too. The stitches gave me the heeby jeebies more than anything,lol Get some rest and I hope your up to your old self in a few days.Take care,

Jewel
  #7    Top
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:23 AM
I know the Feeling. I fell on my dog last weekend and thinking i broke some ribs. (the dog is fine)Wrapped in an ace bandage and hurts like mad to cough or sneeze. Luckily it's raining so I get three more days to recover.
Hope you feel better soon.
  #8    Top
Old May 16th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Hope you start getting better real soon...just keep icing it...the swelling will go down quick.
  #9    Top
Old May 17th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Premiere Member
Thanks everyone
Nice to know Im not alone in this pain, that most people have gone through this . Yeah Im just taking it easy today and icing and gargling with salt water. Feels better than yesterday. Although I am super hungry since I cant really eat yet.
  #10    Top
Old May 17th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Hope you feel better and you can eat soon. I was told 3 years ago I needed to have mined pulled, never went back.

May have to soon though, really starting to feel the pain in my jaw now. I procrastinate too much so it probably won't happen 'til I can't stand it no more.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner