Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 24th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Blue Angels 2009
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
The Official Gear List Thread.

Often times I wonder about what gear people use to take their pics here on PC. I think knowing the gear can help the person replying to someone's post feedback accordingly. Although knowing EXIF data is the best way to give proper feedback, gear also plays a role when it comes to critiquing and giving feedback.

So here's the idea....

Instead of listing all of your cameras, lenses and other gear in your signature which gets shown in every post, post them all in this thread and just have a hyperlink back to your entry in your sig instead. Easy!
This will unclutter the forums a little and make threads more readable as some of these sigs are getting to be huuuge! (you know who you are! )

(Keep in mind that this is just a suggestion - I don't want to offend any members with well-endowed sigs!)

How to LINK to Specific post.

Notice in the upper right hand corner of this post there is a number one ( #1 )
This is the hyper link to this specific post. Next post in the thread has.. marvel of marvels,. a number 2 and so on. Copy the link embedded in that number IN YOUR OWN POST by right clicking on the number and selecting "copy link location" (or whatever appropriate term depending on your browser) to link directly to your own post in this thread. Do not use the number is THIS post, use the number in YOUR POST.

Here's what it should look like in your sig

It's an option.. just like what you put in your Sig. It's up to you. Use it or not.

All O.T. posts will be removed

Last edited by Tyger; June 2nd, 2008 at 04:12 PM.
  #2    Top
Old May 24th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Blue Angels 2009
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Bodies

Canon 40D
Digital Rebel XT

Lenses

100-400mm L
Tamron 28-75mm
Canon 50mm 1.8 MKII
Canon 18-55mm

Flash

A
lien Bees 400 x2
Canon 580EXII

Accessories

Kenko Extension Tube set

Last edited by Tyger; January 17th, 2010 at 11:27 PM.
  #3    Top
Old May 25th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Filmaholic
Recent Photo: Spike
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Here goes my list :

Bodies:

Canon EOS 1N (film)
Canon EOS 5 (film)
Canon 30D

Lenses:
Canon 50mm 1.8
Canon 135mm 2.8
Canon 75-300 4-5.6
Sigma 28-70 2.8-4
Phoenix 19-35 3.5-4.5

Lighting:
2x Sunpak FP-38 Flat Panel flash + stands
Pictures, regardless of how they are created and recreated, are intended to be looked at. This brings to the forefront not the technology of imaging, which of course is important, but rather what we might call the eyenology (seeing).
-Henri Cartier-Bresson
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old May 25th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Premiere Member
Canon EOS 350d

Sigma 50-500mm EX
Canon 28-135mm IS
Canon 50mm f1.8 prime
Canon 18-55mm kit

Kenko auto rings
UV filters on all lenses as protectors
Polarisers for 28-135mm & 50-500mm
IR filter & ND 2,4 & 8 for 18-55mm

80cm light tent
Lightweight tripod (open to good bargain second hand tripod offers!)
Giotto rocket blower (LOL, can't leave the rocket out can we?)

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Gadget list
  #5    Top
Old May 25th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Updated 10-26-10

B]Body[/b]

Nikon D300
Nikon D200
Leica R4

Lenses

Rokinon 8mm fisheye
Sigma 30mm f/1.4
Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8
Carl Zeiss 100mm f/2 Makro Planar

Leica Summicron-R 50/2
Leica Elmarit-R 135/2.8

Lighting

SB-800
SB-600
Vivitar 285HV X 2

Cybersyncs;

CST
CSRB+ X 4

Impact light stands & umbrellas
18" Beauty dish

Accessories

Cotton Carrier
Benro a-298n6 tripod legs
Bogen/Manfrotto 486RC2 ballhead
Battery grip
Shutter release cable
Extension tubes
Cokin P holder and filters

Last edited by Scott111184; October 28th, 2010 at 10:47 AM.
  #6    Top
Old May 26th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Elite Member
For my first post since coming back

Camera
Canon Rebel XT

Flash
Canon 420EX

Lenses
Canon 50 f/1.8
18-55
80-200
35-80
Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
70-200 f/2.8

Lighting

In Studio
Photogenic Flashmaster AA01

On Location
Novatron 400m Monolights
  #7    Top
Old May 30th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Bodies
Canon EOS-1 D Mark III
Canon EOS 40D
BG-E2n
Canon EOS 30D
BG-E2
Canon G9
Nikkormat FT2

Lenses
Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5
Canon EF 17-40 f/4L
Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L
Canon EF 35 f/1.4L
Canon EF 85 f/1.8
Canon EF 180 f/3.5L Macro
Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS
Canon EF 300 f/2.8L IS
Canon EF 500 f/4L IS
Nikkor 50 f/2
Kenko Extension Tube Set

Flashes
Canon Speedlite 580EX II x 2
Pocket Wizard Plus Traceivers

Filters
Singh-Ray Graduated Neutral Density
2 Stop Soft
2 Stop Hard
3 Stop Soft
3 Stop Hard
Singh-Ray Reverse Graduated Neutral Density
2 Stop
Singh-Ray Warming Polarizer SLIM
Singh-Ray Gold N Blue Polarizer
Singh-Ray Variable Neutral Density

Tripod
Markins Q-Ball M20
RRS QR Plate
RRS L Brackets & Lens Plates
Gitzo GT3541LS
Wimberley Head
Joby Gorillapod

Bags
Lowepro Computrekker AW
Pelican 1500
  #8    Top
Old May 31st, 2008, 01:10 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Silent Waters
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
My Photo Gear

Cameras
Nikon D50
Olympus C-5060
Nikon Coolpix 4600

Lenses
Sigma 10-20mm /4-5.6 DC HSM
Nikkor 18-55mm /3,5-5,6G ED
Sigma 70-300mm /4-5,6 APO DG

Flash
Nikon Speedlight SB-600

Filters
Cokin P121 GND
Cokin P154 ND8
Hoya Polarizer
Hoya UV's

Bags
Lowepro MiniTrekker II AW
Lowepro Slingshot 200 AW
Lowepro Nova 1 AW

Tripod
Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod
Manfrotto 486RC2 Ballhead

Accessories
Omnibounce
Cokin P Holder
Cokin 52mm Adapter Ring
Cokin 77mm Adapter Ring
  #9    Top
Old May 31st, 2008, 10:21 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Where do I start. This will be a somewhat long list.

What I actually shoot with:
Body
2 Olympus E3
Lens
35-100 f2 (70-200.. 35mm equ.)
90-250 f2.8 (180-500)
50 f2 macro (100)
12-60 f2.8-4 (24-60)
7-14 f4 (14-2
Flash
Fl-50r
Fl-36r (2)
The Rest of my stash:
EOS 1d (the original)
24-70 f2.8
70-200 f2.8 (non is)
400 f2.8

Nikon D2h and D1x
80-200 f2.8
300 f2.8
14 f2.8
105 macro f2.8
200 macro f4 (medical Nikkor)
sb-26 (4)

Hassy
501, 503cm, 553ex
50mm, 80mm, 120mm macro and 180mm
Mamiya
645af
45mm, 80mm & 105-210mm

I really wish my wife would let me buy the digital back for these.
I also have a slew of 35mm Pentax and Nikon from the 70's and 80's
My favorite collectors toy. I have a Leica m5 with a 35 f2 asph and a 19mm. I love to travel with that and alot of Velvia. Man I miss the old days.
http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=5003
  #10    Top
Old June 2nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Camera
Canon 20D

Lenses
EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
TS-E 45mm f/2.8
MP-E 65 f/2.8 Macro
Comming Soon: EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM

Miscellaneous Gear
Speedlite 580EX
Ringlight MR-14EX
B&W Circular Polarizer
B&W Neutral Density filters (0.3, 0.6, 0.9, and 1.8)
BG-E2 Battery Grip
TC-80N3 Remote Controlller with optional 50 ft cable
ST-E2 Speedlite transmitter
Angle Viewfinder C
Kenko extension tubes
Really Right Stuff L-bracket
Really Right Stuff BH-40 Ballhead with a lever clamp
Gitzo GT3540 carbon fiber tripod
Gitzo GM5540 carbon fiber monopod
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner