Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Photography News

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:15 AM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Not sure if it was this forum or another, but there was a thread about giving a kid a old cheap digital camera. And then let them go around taking pictures of things that interest them. Think the kid has gathered up a gig or more with a 1mp camera. pretty sure it was another forum come to think of it.
  #12    Top
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:23 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Boo! There are no other forums...
  #13    Top
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Wow. Do you really believe that an "eye" is something that your born with or you can learn to train yourself to see things in an artistic way.

Like, I get told all the time that I have a certain "way" of seeing things, but when people tell me that I just give them a quizzical look. I never bother to think that people dont see things thru the same eyes that I do.
Sponsors
  #14    Top
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:24 AM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L. Walker
Boo! There are no other forums...
[whisper]

Gerry, Icks nay on the forum nay

[/whisper]
  #15    Top
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:26 AM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
That or kids see things in a certain way and we grow out of it. Thats one thing I liked about getting more into photography, I tried looking at things through a kids eyes once again. Back then as a kid, things were so new, etc. I think humans eyes change as they get older so things are not as vibriant and stuff, but still, its interesting the things we over look. On another forum *smirks at tim* this one girl over in europe took a certain route to work every day for years. One day she realized a building there had chairs and furnature stuck to the side of it. She never noticed before. Im thinking how do you not notice that? hehe.
  #16    Top
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Premiere Member
LOL yeah how do you not notice that is right.

Id have to agree with you there tho, I think as we grow older, we just lose the simplicity of life. When your a kid, you eat, go to the bathroom, play, sleep and cause your parents headaches. More or less your pretty much sweet, you dont have to worry about what you worry about now.

Paying the bills, making sure my vehicle runs, putting food in the cupboards, etc. I think thats why abstract photography really appeals to me, I really like to take something thats ordinary, and look at it in a different way, so that when people see it theyre like "Hmm, thats familiar, but what is it?"

Simplicity.
  #17    Top
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:36 AM
VIP Member
That reminds me of a macro shot I just seen 10 minutes ago on *wispers*anotherforum*wispers*, of a pretzel. I was thinking it was some sort of strange cross, but wanst sure what it was till I read the caption. It was part of a pretzel in b&w, I think b&w.
  #18    Top
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Premiere Member
Yeah just stuff like that really makes you think about making things simpler. Our lives are all so hectic these days, why go and make things more complicated.

Thats the thing about forums like these, they allow you to think things that you never would have thought on your own.
  #19    Top
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:42 AM
VIP Member
Something that Id like to do is hook up a camera to a microscope. I should have kept mine from years ago. Also I should have picked up one of the 2 microscops that I have seen at yard sales this summer. I wonder if it would be hard to hook the 2 up, the camera to the microscope, and if it would distort the image.
  #20    Top
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:44 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
It would distort... same with to telescopes... though I believe there are attachments you can get to compensate... when I get a little older, and maybe have some more free time, I'd love to get a telescope and take photographs of the stars and whatnot...