Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > The Corner Blog

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old June 30th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Database Error Message

Hi, Just now when I clicked on the "View new posts since your last visit" link, I got this error message:

"Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the www.photographycorner.com home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.photographycorner.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

When I clicked refresh, it took me back to the home page where I had to log in again.
  #12    Top
Old June 30th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Blue Angels 2009
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
not sure if this has to do with the upgrade but I noticed the corner logo on the top left corner is a tad lighter....was it always like that?
  #13    Top
Old June 30th, 2008, 11:39 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj_Delikat View Post
Hi, Just now when I clicked on the "View new posts since your last visit" link, I got this error message:

"Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the www.photographycorner.com home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.photographycorner.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

When I clicked refresh, it took me back to the home page where I had to log in again.
Ok, this should now be fixed. Let me know if it happens again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
not sure if this has to do with the upgrade but I noticed the corner logo on the top left corner is a tad lighter....was it always like that?
I never noticed that... hmmm. A couple of the tabs are a bit off too... thanks for the heads up.
  #14    Top
Old July 1st, 2008, 02:46 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Silent Waters
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Yes, it was always like that (Tim, I'll send you the fix, it's my faults after all ) for us using colour managed browsers. Now that people are using FF3 that is colour managed, you'll begin to see the world that us safari users have had for some time.
Sponsors
  #15    Top
Old July 1st, 2008, 12:43 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
take a look at this post in Q&Suggestions

Thanks to Jen for pointing it out. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?
  #16    Top
Old July 1st, 2008, 03:55 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Maybe I never noticed it before but the Search doesn't unless you are logged in. I don't know if it was always that way or not.
  #17    Top
Old July 1st, 2008, 04:04 PM
The Corner Creator
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersDA View Post
Maybe I never noticed it before but the Search doesn't unless you are logged in. I don't know if it was always that way or not.
Yeah, it was always like that... It's a security feature so that anonymous bots don't try to exploit the search feature (XSS scripting, etc).
  #18    Top
Old July 2nd, 2008, 02:32 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersDA View Post
but the question is - why weren't you logged in?

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #19    Top
Old July 3rd, 2008, 04:50 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Rufous hummingbird
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Major congratulations, Tim.

Gail

A camera lets us see past our preconceptions to capture what, for that moment in time, IS.
  #20    Top
Old July 3rd, 2008, 07:23 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Party Pug
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
OMG.... the site just rips along so faaaaaaast. This is so very cool.

Thanks Tim and everyone who helped make it possible.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > The Corner Blog