Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old July 28th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Sunrise at Four Peaks.

This morning in Arizona.. Untouched and unedited.. any feedback appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	072808-sunrise.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	66018  

"Only those willing to risk going too far can find out how far they can go."

T.S. Elliot
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old July 28th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Very nice warm sky...love the different peaks of the mountains.

Nicely captured.
  #3    Top
Old July 28th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital2006 View Post
Very nice warm sky...love the different peaks of the mountains.

Nicely captured.
Thank you. It was a very early morning, but well worth the pictures I captured.

T.S. Elliot
  #4    Top
Old July 28th, 2008, 07:46 PM
The Godfather
Recent Photo: Some shots from 2010
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Nice capture Mr. McBride, a beautiful sunrise!

Leica M8, Nikon D200, Kodak DCS Pro14n, Olympus E20n, Leica R8, Leica M3, Bessa T101 w/50mm Heliar, Kodak 260,
  #5    Top
Old August 7th, 2008, 09:08 AM
earlier shot

Do you have a shot from just before the sun came over the ridge? I would be interested in comparing to an image without the bright sun in it. I like this one, I just want to see all my options.
  #6    Top
Old August 7th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I also like the silhouetting curves of the mountain ranges in the background. The hint of trees appearing in the foreground gives a sense of the rising sun starting to illuminate the land.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #7    Top
Old August 11th, 2008, 11:12 PM
The Earlier Shot

Here is the earlier shot, it is from a different angle and depth, but it is earlier in the day. Thank everyone for the comments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0811084peaks.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	66435  

T.S. Elliot
  #8    Top
Old August 12th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Very good capture. I really enjoyed looking at it.

"The photograph is completely abstracted from life, yet it looks like life. That is what has always excited me about photography."
Richard Kalvar

"Life is about what you learn after you know it all."
  #9    Top
Old August 12th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Fall Leaf in Water
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I may be way off here, but my personal preference would have been for a little more sky and a little less dark at the bottom. Not a drastic amount different, but maybe just a bit more sky...

http://corwinephotos.blogspot.com/
  #10    Top
Old August 13th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc928 View Post
I may be way off here, but my personal preference would have been for a little more sky and a little less dark at the bottom. Not a drastic amount different, but maybe just a bit more sky...
Thank you, you are not Way off.. It is a personal preference. However I do understand what you mean, I went back and took a look at the series from that morning, and the ones I posted were a little heavy on the bottom. I did manage to get some captures that were more balanced, and had more of the sky in them, as well as zooming in closer on the peaks which fill the frame more, but the colors in the two I posted were more dramatic in contrast.
Thank you again, this is how we all learn to grow.

T.S. Elliot
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things