Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Elite VIP Member
Recent Photo: 06/14/09 Chase_6
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Energy...

I just got through taking this photo. I have had this sight spotted out for almost a month now. I wanted to get a shot of the "grasshopper" with lightning in the background. But whenever I went there the "grasshopper'" was active. So I just had to hope that lightning would strike at the perfect moment. Which it did, and I came back with the shot. This shot SCREAMS Texas!!!! I also think that its got good selling potential. I've got the whole capturing the lightning down, and now I am starting to incorporate other things in the composition.

I hope y'all like it.

Thanks.

-Ben

Camera: Nikon D50
Exposure: 2.9 sec, f/5.6
Exposure mode: Manual
Focal Length: 45mm
Lens: Nikkor AF-G 28-200 lens
ISO: 200
Metering: Center weight
Photo had levels, color, cropping, and sharpening in PS CS2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	web_1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	66044  

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what are the one's that render us speechless...

My Gear

http://www.bdjphoto.com
My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old July 29th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Dude...that is a schweet image.
Visit me here..Room57
  #3    Top
Old July 29th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Elite VIP Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Right on Carl! I'm glad you like it!

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what are the one's that render us speechless...

My Gear

My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #4    Top
Old July 29th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Premiere Member
That is an awesome capture. Wow!

That photo reiterates Don't mess with Texas, and I think you hit the nail on the head when you said it has selling potential although I would say mega selling potential.

Can't wait to be back there in December.

Don
  #5    Top
Old July 29th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Elite VIP Member
Thanks Don. I'm glad you like it! Where are you at now?

My Gear

My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #6    Top
Old July 30th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Elite VIP Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertEagle View Post
That is an awesome capture. Wow!

That photo reiterates Don't mess with Texas, and I think you hit the nail on the head when you said it has selling potential although I would say mega selling potential.

Can't wait to be back there in December.

Don

I actually hung this up at work and one of my managers wants to purchase a copy!

My Gear

My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #7    Top
Old July 30th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Premiere Member
Ben,

I work in the Middle East (Saudi Arabia) and only get home about once a year actually.

Thanks
Don
  #8    Top
Old July 30th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Nicely done incorporating the oil rig, add so much more to it!
  #9    Top
Old July 30th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: untitled-41
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Great shot Ben...it's been a long time since I was in Texas but this is one of the things I remember! Definitely screams Texas

Canon 60D

"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just convincing you that I'm right"
  #10    Top
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Elite VIP Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott111184 View Post
Nicely done incorporating the oil rig, add so much more to it!

Thanks Scott!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixsee View Post
Great shot Ben...it's been a long time since I was in Texas but this is one of the things I remember! Definitely screams Texas

Thank you for commenting Dana!

My Gear

My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places