Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#21    Top
Old August 3rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Elite VIP Member
Recent Photo: 06/14/09 Chase_6
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
How do catch all the storms, Ben? Are they just that frequent, or are you one of those guys who chase after the storms?
Thanks. Actually our storm season goes all the way into August now, I think its over , but I can't wait until next season. I'm saving up my money to do a storm chasing tour!

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what are the one's that render us speechless...

My Gear

http://www.bdjphoto.com
My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #22    Top
Old August 4th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Ben, Great capture. Love the feel of this shot and I dont live in Texas but if I didnt know where it was shot....I would scream Texas! lol well done on the shot and the patience.

Tom
Sponsors
  #23    Top
Old August 4th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Elite VIP Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks for the input Tom. I'm glad you like it!

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what are the one's that render us speechless...

My Gear

My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #24    Top
Old August 5th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Recent Photo: Northern Exposure
Fantastic shot, and all the time you put into getting it has paid off. Brilliant colours and the lightning capture is perfect!

I'd have preferred the grasshopper to be still, but that's just me - everyone else likes it as it is (as I do too, just would have preferred no motion blur).

Good work

Andy
  #25    Top
Old August 5th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Elite VIP Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Mott View Post
Fantastic shot, and all the time you put into getting it has paid off. Brilliant colours and the lightning capture is perfect!

I'd have preferred the grasshopper to be still, but that's just me - everyone else likes it as it is (as I do too, just would have preferred no motion blur).

Good work

Andy
Thanks Andy! After seeing this photo so many times I think that it wouldn't have been as effective if it was stationary. The photo is titled "Energy" and there are two examples of energy in the photo. The fact that there is motion blur only makes the "grasshopper" look like its wprking and the lightning is self explainatory. But at the same time I do wish the oil rig was stationary. Thanks again for commenting!

My Gear

My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #26    Top
Old August 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Recent Photo: Northern Exposure
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug2007 View Post
Thanks Andy! After seeing this photo so many times I think that it wouldn't have been as effective if it was stationary. The photo is titled "Energy" and there are two examples of energy in the photo. The fact that there is motion blur only makes the "grasshopper" look like its wprking and the lightning is self explainatory. But at the same time I do wish the oil rig was stationary. Thanks again for commenting!
You're right, and I think most people agree with you; I'm just anal about odd things I guess! I still think it's a brilliant piece of work though.

Is is possible you could post your lightening capture formula?

Andy
  #27    Top
Old August 5th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Elite Member
Awesome picture!!

Ben,

I love this picture. The slight blur on the oil rig makes the lightening look like it has hit it. That is what makes this picture. IMO. I have been watching you "grow" the last two years. I am in awe of what you have learned and done. Keep up the great work you are doing. Good Luck in all your endeavors.

Terri
  #28    Top
Old August 5th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Elite VIP Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Mott View Post
You're right, and I think most people agree with you; I'm just anal about odd things I guess! I still think it's a brilliant piece of work though.

Is is possible you could post your lightening capture formula?

Andy
Thanks again, Andy. I actually found one that was stationary and there are supposed to be storms this week, so I might be able to try this again! I actually asked Tim if I could submit a lightning article that I have been working on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri's Weekend Photos View Post
Ben,

I love this picture. The slight blur on the oil rig makes the lightening look like it has hit it. That is what makes this picture. IMO. I have been watching you "grow" the last two years. I am in awe of what you have learned and done. Keep up the great work you are doing. Good Luck in all your endeavors.

Terri

Thanks Terri! That is quite a compliment. I learned most of everything here and I credit The Corner communiy for making me the photographer that I am today. Without this place I'd be lost.

My Gear

My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #29    Top
Old August 6th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Recent Photo: Going Down....
Cool! GREAT capture. You certainly do have these lightning shots down Love the bit of motion in the grasshopper too. Not surprise you manager wants a print. I presume you're putting these in micro stock? If not, you should!

dvc
  #30    Top
Old August 7th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Elite VIP Member
Thanks DVC! I'm glad you like them. I actually just sold another one today!

My Gear

My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places