Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 19th, 2008, 03:40 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
The CCC#54: Dark Outlines Winning Photograph Is...

...The Honeymooners by jeffreaux2!!! Congrats on your FIRST Contest Corner Challenge win, Jeff!

Sponsor: SmugMug - The ultimate in photo sharing. Easily create online photo albums. Share, store, organize and print.

Prizes: Since jeffreaux2 is not a Premiere Member, he will receive a SmugMug Power Account (though since he already has a SmugMug account, he'll receive a $60 credit in his account instead!).

Gallery: View all the other entries (as well find out which photographer took which photo) in the Contest Corner Challenge #54: Dark Outlines Photo Gallery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ccc54-13---The-Honeymooners---jeffreaux2.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	361.7 KB
ID:	66685  
  #2    Top
Old August 19th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Walter's Gate
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Way to go Jeff...well done ....Congrats.....

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Sigma AF 70-300mm 4-APO DG II Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

"and my Trusty Little Snappy"
Kodak "Pink" M753 EASYSHARE
"and a Bean Bag, In Tribute to My DAD"

How do I become a Premiere Member? | How do I upload to the Corner Galleries?
How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
Photography Corner Map | Chatroom
  #3    Top
Old August 19th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Premiere LEARNER
Recent Photo: Two Ladies
This was my favourite too. Congratulations Jeff. It's a beauty.
  #4    Top
Old August 19th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I knew I was doomed as soon as I saw the lineup!!

A really well deserved win - well done!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #5    Top
Old August 19th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Very nice! Great shot.
  #6    Top
Old August 19th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Thanks everyone.

Of the other entries, "Head of the Herd" was my favorite. A perfectly executed silloutte that needed zero explanation. Well done!

I must admit my heart sank when I read the rule about posting entries elsewhere in the forum...right after I had posted my best shot from that afternoon...so I couldn't enter that one. Lucky, I had several decently framed sillouttes from the day.

My advice...check the challenge board for the current challenge before you post any image in the forum, else you may be tossing away a chance to win!

The one that got away.....below

Jeff

Canon 50D, Canon XTi/400D
Canon 17-55mm F2.8IS, 85mmF1.8, 70-200mm F2.8L IS
Canon STE2, 580EX, 580EXII

www.jkmann.com
www.jkmann.blogspot.com
  #7    Top
Old August 19th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
nice one, well done.
  #8    Top
Old August 19th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: IMGP0112
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Way to go, Jeff -- great shot!

Pentax K20D~Pentax 16-24, 55, 50-135, Sigma 70-300

"In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary."
~Aaron Rose
  #9    Top
Old August 19th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Junior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Cactus Garden
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Beautiful shot, congrats!

www.onetulsa.com
www.onetulsa.ifp3.com
  #10    Top
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Beautiful shot Jeff! Way to go!
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner