Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Closed Thread

#11    Top
Old August 22nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Very cool idea. Can it be about just being 'back to school'? or does it have to be linked to 'education'?

For example, putting the toys away is "back to school" but not "education"

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #12    Top
Old August 22nd, 2008, 05:43 PM
Premiere LEARNER
Recent Photo: Two Ladies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L. Walker View Post
Hehe... I know school starts for some people as late as Sept 2, but I figured people are prepping for it already, so there are shots to be had.
Yes, if you're a teacher, or have your own kids... which I am not and don't have.
I have a friend who is a teacher, and the best idea, but on't be possible to do before school starts. I'll just put the pics up for critique then.
  #13    Top
Old August 23rd, 2008, 07:37 AM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Yes, if you're a teacher, or have your own kids... which I am not and don't have.
I have a friend who is a teacher, and the best idea, but on't be possible to do before school starts. I'll just put the pics up for critique then.
Why does a kid or teacher need to be involved to advance the idea of education?

Think!

Stretch!

I'm 41 and learn something new everyday!

Jeff

Canon 50D, Canon XTi/400D
Canon 17-55mm F2.8IS, 85mmF1.8, 70-200mm F2.8L IS
Canon STE2, 580EX, 580EXII

www.jkmann.com
www.jkmann.blogspot.com
Sponsors
  #14    Top
Old August 23rd, 2008, 10:18 AM
Premiere LEARNER
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreaux2 View Post
Why does a kid or teacher need to be involved to advance the idea of education?

Think!

Stretch!

I'm 41 and learn something new everyday!
I am aware that there are ways to stretch - and there are some options available - just none as good as this, but enough now. I was just asking, and if it can't (which I actually knew - you just can't blame a gril for trying ) then that's OK too.
  #15    Top
Old August 23rd, 2008, 02:03 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Cranes before sunrise
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Hmm... school starts here at September 1st, which gives me 24 hours + time difference to shoot the perfect picture.. this will be tough!
  #16    Top
Old August 24th, 2008, 04:42 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by fa1sal View Post
Very cool idea. Can it be about just being 'back to school'? or does it have to be linked to 'education'?

For example, putting the toys away is "back to school" but not "education"
It's gotta be linked to education somehow, I think...
  #17    Top
Old August 24th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
nice idea..

so linking towards school or college, but a photo of someone teaching someone something works too yea?
  #18    Top
Old August 25th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: untitled-41
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I have a few pictures of my sister the kindergarten teacher with her face in the punch bowl full of margaritas..how's that for the 'face of education'..hehe

Canon 60D

"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just convincing you that I'm right"
  #19    Top
Old August 26th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Premiere LEARNER
Lol Dana - wonderfully educational - hehe
  #20    Top
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Premiere Member
Agree with Biante 12

Glad you clarified the theme Tim. Here in Australia, our education system does not correspond time-wise with yours at all (and one can get into a lot of trouble photographing kids outside of one's home as Biante12 said). So, now I know it's ok to get outside the square and not just think of the "face" of education. Hmmmm, makes it more interesting.
Closed Thread
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner