Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old April 28th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Junior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
97-year-old woman cuffed, booked for unpaid ticket

Police in the Dallas suburb of Highland Park handcuffed a 97-year-old woman and hauled her to jail in a squad car last week for having an expired registration sticker. Police said they have a no-exceptions policy. Everyone gets treated the same - arrested, handcuffed, and taken to jail -- even on minor traffic warrants...

Rest of story here.

Aaron
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old April 28th, 2004, 07:56 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
That's pretty ridiculous... minor traffic warrants = handcuffed and booked? That's pretty crazy... I think they need to "re-evaluate" their "no exceptions" policy... cuffing a 97-year-old lady is not neccessary...
  #3    Top
Old April 29th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Elite Member
(Inside story)

Aaron, you must like this story so much.
Quote:
... cuffing a 97-year-old lady is not necessary...
Who knows? She might be like one of those from X-Man(are these characters so old, by the way?).
  #4    Top
Old April 30th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Premiere Member
Poor little old lady... I would be so embarrassed if I were the cop that had to cuff her...
  #5    Top
Old May 28th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
From being a law enforcement officer I must indicate this is SOP. (Standard Operating Procedure). Why she went to jail for parking tickets I'm not sure, that may be a bit off the wall. Handcuffing however...you honestly never know who you're dealing with.
True story...(I'll paraphrase and be short)
Elderly lady married several times (7-9). All of her husbands seemed to be "off traveling" when they died. Anyway...suspiscions got the best of people and investigations began....She had killed them and buried them on her property. Collecting the insurance money, etc. She was in her 80's. Can we trust the elderly? You tell me. Keep in mind, she was just one that happened to get caught.
  #6    Top
Old May 28th, 2004, 06:34 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
LOL... that's awful. You'd think after 2-3 times of husbands dying "off traveling" someone would have caught on... but 7-9? Yikes...
  #7    Top
Old May 28th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
True...but thing is...everyone assumed this little old lady in a "nice community" was innocent and never suspected a thing. Goes to prove we can never trust anyone.
  #8    Top
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I still dont think a 97 year old woman is exactly going to be able to out-flee a cop. Call me a sucker, but I kinda feel sympathy for the old lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by kixphotography
Elderly lady married several times (7-9). All of her husbands seemed to be "off traveling" when they died. Anyway...suspiscions got the best of people and investigations began....She had killed them and buried them on her property. Collecting the insurance money, etc. She was in her 80's. Can we trust the elderly? You tell me. Keep in mind, she was just one that happened to get caught.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner